Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Corvermell Thread

Gaby

Lord of Altera
and for anyone who responds with "why do we care about ur stinking jewelry backwards hippies" I will note that this is huge international news.

Corvermell has been greedily keeping their gold within their borders ever since it was discovered that they had gold. because of their incredibly strict policies on the ownership of such jewelry making them incredibly rare outside Corvermell itself (and impossible to buy legally), combined with the inherent exotic quality of pieces that tend to look like this:

makes Corvermell gold jewelry have an inflated cost that is comparable to the price of a Rolex watch.
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 1.37.21 PM.png

it's huge cash guys. huge. cash.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Aranudar's Apalling Attempted Assassination Astounds All!

while none could truly say the nations of Aranudar and Corvermell have ever been on the best of terms, this recent act of aggression is both unprovoked and unwarranted.

While making a speech to the people of Dinici, Housekeeper Narai Veriahove was shot in the abdomen by a concealed sniper. said sniper was immediately apprehended by police forces, though he put up a great fight before being eventually arrested. the sniper was quickly identified to be a genetically engineered "super soldier" from the nation of Aranudar.

Housekeeper Veriahove is currently hospitalized, though her condition is stable. interrogating the assassin has offered no conclusive information, and Aranudar has yet to make a statement regarding the foiled attempt.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
A Spider would approach the leading Housekeeper on each of Corvermell's islands simultaneously, each Spider carrying a small tablet computer strapped to its torso. A number of Spiders have also quickly put up projectors and screens in the larger town and city squares.

"Hello, Housekeeper. The Luna fusion reactor has now been connected to each island's energy grid. Islands without grids have been provided with inactive power lines to build grids from, should they see the need. We invite you to view the reactor activation livestream.

The tablets would all come online, showing a camera feed of Housekeeper Namasie at a short podium with a decorative lever on it. She begins to speak.

"Good day to my fellow Housekeepers, and to all Vermellans. Today is a momentous occasion, for a generous gift from Mechanica Rationalis will soon activate and provide plentiful, free power for us all. But before that, I would like to personally thank you all for the opportunity you have given me. I understand that some among you oppose my inclusion as a Housekeeper due to my nature as a synthetic, but for all my life I have never been so happy nor so proud as the day this beautiful country received me with open arms.

I understand that the idea of close relations with other countries may be intimidating, but despite what some may tell you, only good can come from the exchange of cultures and ideals with other nations - indeed, amongst my closest friends in my homeland of Mechanica Rationalis are followers of the Law of Red, a culture and lifestyle they embraced following the introduction of Mechanica technologies to Corvermell. Today, I want to show Corvermell that everyone can benefit. And on that note, let there be light!"

The Housekeeper pulls the lever, and a small humming noise starts up in the background. Across all of Corvermell, any fluctuating lights or areas suffering brownouts due to the inefficiencies/unpredictability of solar/wind would stabilize and have consistent power.

"The device I've just activated is a powerful, safe, and clean nuclear fusion generator donated to Corvermell by Mechanica Rationalis. This one reactor can, with cheaply obtained and safe-to-handle fuel, power the entire country's energy demands well into the future. In fact, the energy is so cheap to produce that Mechanica Rationalis has offered to supply the fuel for it, for free! All Vermellans from this day forth will have all their energy demands met for free, an incredible boon.

I didn't come here to give a speech hours long, and so to conclude the ceremony I would like to once again thank Mechanica Rationalis for the gift of energy, the Housekeepers of Corvermell for accepting me into their ranks, and all Vermellans for their acceptance of my differences. Thank you all, and have an excellent day."

Namasie then steps out from behind the podium and gives the quietly humming generator structure a pat before walking out of the camera view.

The presentation done, the screens all turn off. Those Spiders who built projector sets begin to take them down.
this totally happened, and now let me direct you to Thiya Keirattin's timely wisdom:

"don't trust my replacement at all. sorry not sorry. #NotYourSeaResort"

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Launching smear campaign go:

What has Keirattin given you? Snarky remarks online? Namasie is a visionary focused on the future of Corvermell on the international stage. Instrumental to dealings with her homeland, Mechanica Rationalis, and Corvermell, she's the reason for the free energy now coursing through the nation. Namasie is the lightbringer and cares for all Vermellans and the future of the country. #FreePower #StandTogether

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Launching smear campaign go:

What has Keirattin given you? Snarky remarks online? Namasie is a visionary focused on the future of Corvermell on the international stage. Instrumental to dealings with her homeland, Mechanica Rationalis, and Corvermell, she's the reason for the free energy now coursing through the nation. Namasie is the lightbringer and cares for all Vermellans and the future of the country. #FreePower #StandTogether
XD noooooo