Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DOCTOR WHO? DOCTOR WHO? (spoilers)

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I did an on-the-spot quiz about doctor who. Questions like: when sally sparrow stopped the angels, and confronted the doctor, what activity was he and Martha going to? I was surprised how much I knew about doctor who. ^_^
Wasn't it Archery?

CrisThePsycho

Loyal Servant of Altera
So don't hate me but I loved the christmas special it seems like they are actually going to add a lot more depth to this season and could make for some very great episodes seeing as he knows who she is yet she doesn't know him almost a flip from the song episodes. I don't know I never really had anything against Matt although I feel like David did a better job I do feel like Matt is making for an excellent doctor and that some of the episodes were poor not because of him but because of the substance of the episodes themselves.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Personally, I thought the christmas special was awful. It wasn't a christmas special AT ALL.
Christmas specials were designed to be stand-alone episodes which people may watch to get into Doctor Who or to just enjoy it, with this years, you had to have seen the episode before-hand to understand and to me, Steven Moffat is just screwing around with Doctor Who and losing it viewers. I preferred Russel T Davies myself when he was writing episodes as he created episodes you could appreciate regardless of age.
Personally as well, I think Matt Smith does contribute to the failure of the series at it's current rate. He's just not a good actor and if you remember last christmas (Which was a Christmas Special and pretty good for Steven Moffat) there were two children involved, who were better actors than him and it showed. It also showed this Christmas special because I personally thought Oswin upstanded him. I preffered David Tennant as the Doctor as he just had more Oomph.
Anyhow, the substance in episodes is also poor, like you said; however I don't think doing what Steven Moffat is trying to do now will help. He'll lose most his audience as Doctor Who was designed to be simple, sci-fi and fun and I remember a while back, I think it was the majority of the audiences was 8-10 year olds and if he continues to make such complicitys like with Oswin, then why would they even bother watching?

/\ My Opinion /\

Yoda

Lord of Altera
if he continues to make such complicitys like with Oswin, then why would they even bother watching?
'Cause she's so good looking.

On a more serious note, I do agree that it was better with David Tennant and Russel T-Dog.

*EDIT* Yeah, that's the scene shadow!

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
I thought the trailer was really, really bad, in my opinion.
Also, going back to the thing about Matt Smith/Moffat and stuff, David Tennant was a well trained actor who played main characters in many Shakespearean plays. Matt Smith was still at university, not to mention a pretty bad one (I think) that focused more on science and sports than drama ( I do know that.)

But..
I am still a DT/RTD fanboy... (well ofcourse I am!)
imo, Moffat ruined Doctor Who, and even though partly the reason of me stop watching it was that Matt Smtih was a UEA dropout, and that no one can beat David Tennant, it's mostly down to Moffats cheesy plot lines, pointless bits and boring stories.
I think we should burn Moffat. I want the skinny Scottish guy back.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I liked Davies, I like Moffat.

I loved Eccleston and Tennant, but Smith's take on the Doctor is a wee bit "silly" for my taste.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I love his silliness because I like to think after years of being at war with himself and with a vast amount of other beings he's gone a little mad, and while he's still brilliant and genius and saves the day, he takes almost everything with a pinch of salt (on fish fingers and custard), because he's starting to fray around the edges.

It kinda links with Tennant's series too :3