Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Evacuate the Sorrows

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I can only assume (and kind of hope) that we have to explore the new sorrows to map it! FAR MORE FUN!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Sorrows reset!

The nether will be reset tomorrow (probably) and I'll post about it in the newsletter or something-

I dunno, I'm tired-

Right! Any bugs/problems, lemme know right away! Lockette/chestshop/shopkeeper and LWC not working is intentional as part of the test-

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
It is- but it'll be reset in 1 month this time, and what happens after that 1 month is all dependent on responses/reactions to how it currently is. I have no intention of keeping this current test period active if no one likes it basically-, so if you don't like it (A reason why would be appreciated :D) then lemme know~

Bayta

Lord of Altera

The sorrows are absolutely dull now that you spawn randomly. There's zero chance of pvp and it was the pvp that made this role playing server so unique. There was an outlet for that type of play.

Also, the joy of exploration is gone with random spawn. Even if the Sorrows are rerolled every three weeks, there would still be mini established areas that could be visited/pillaged/etc. with a single spawn point in place.

Please bring back a single spawn point for the Sorrows. PVP isn't for everyone, but it is for some of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current Sorrows map will be deleted in 3 weeks. A new one wont be created until it is destroyed.

So retrieve all your stuff, unclaim chunks if you want. But don't leave any valuables there, as it wont be safe for long~

This will become a regular thing, the sorrows wont be safe to camp in anymore.

Mychunk Issues

Mychunk has been broken for ages without even realizing HOW broken it was, mostly because it's a very specific bug, but it threatens everyone's chunks in the sorrows. It has a very high chance of being removed on the map reset (I'm gonna go with 95-98% chance), so the sorrows will have no form of protection anymore.

If mychunk isn't fixed by the reset, the sorrows will go under a 'testing' period of how an unprotected PVP enabled resource world works with Altera, roleplay and trade. If it goes well, it will stay as is, if it goes badly, there will be efforts to find another plugin to do the same job as mychunk.

Edit: Also considering disabling lockette and LWC in the sorrows as well-

More edits because I'm forgetful: Disabling lockette and LWC in the sorrows is only considered to encourage people keeping their items safe in the main map, it will make it MUCH easier to reset maps in the future and wouldn't require as much as a warning "Boop, new sorrows in, have fun." basically.

Bayta

Lord of Altera
Also, let's say you want a specific type of wood. You ride out to the area, need to return to the Northern Kingdoms or Creative for some reason (event, team meeting, building, more tools, RP) and when you return, you're spit somewhere else entirely. This creates unnecessary extra work, reducing enjoyment and increasing the time it takes to complete tasks.

Piedmont

I think I might like it here
I don't see what was wrong with the old Sorrows to be honest. I've tried to RP, but I'm in the US and there aren't lots of folks on when I play. I LIVED in the Sorrows. While I understand that you guys are trying to promote more RP, and towns and such, don't forget about the rest of us. Why not just promote more RP in the Sorrows?

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I don't see what was wrong with the old Sorrows to be honest. I've tried to RP, but I'm in the US and there aren't lots of folks on when I play. I LIVED in the Sorrows. While I understand that you guys are trying to promote more RP, and towns and such, don't forget about the rest of us. Why not just promote more RP in the Sorrows?
Coz pvp.

Also the old sorrows was getting drained and Lockette etc were broken as well. Hence the updated, we'll get a bigger, better sorrows in a few weeks after the current trial is over of the lawless/no protection model.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
The sorrows was never intended as an RP world. It's where everyone can build and kill basically and it doesn't have the protections the main world has. Also I like the building restrictions on the main world because it washes out the people who has no real dedication so there isn't abandoned settlements everywhere because everyone owns a city etc.

Bayta

Lord of Altera
Ideally, the Sorrows would have a fixed spawn, not have lockette, pvp & theft would be allowed, it would be lawless, but griefing (excluding theft) would not be allowed. Trees must be fully trimmed and mountain top removal would not be allowed.

Wipe them once per month or six times per year.