Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Faction Territory Borders

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
I still don't see the problem with claiming to own something - it still doesn't mean you actually own it.
Why for example should a heretic character care if its a temple?

China also claims territory that belongs to other countries and even harvests oil there.
There isn't really much one can do about people running around saying that they own this and that in either Rp or real life.

Whether they actually own their claims is a totally different story.
The sisterhood can still laugh it off or something like that.
That people IC-claim land is in no way an indicator that others have to accept it IC.
There is no amount of ratings that can show how much I agree.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Yeah, but the fact of the matter is people do these things and then complain when other people get hostile about it, making the entire process one of bickering and generally-not-fun.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
From what I've seen on this thread when there was a border disagreement like with @mineturtletrap and @Tybalt they handled it peacefully. Or with @ACU20 with the mountains and Renatus. The only bickering I've seen was when some of the staff came on and started this debate.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Mhm. If new people come on and see the land they wanted to build on is claimed, it'd discourage them. We want to make sure there's enough for everyone, not just the loudest voices and the grabbiest hands. I mean, seriously, the Engems do not have the manpower or settlements to claim an area of land that big, and to say they do is so laughable no other organization would take them seriously. Same goes for Senator and the other huge, huge claims. People would actually burst into laughter if a house with no manpower tried to call dibs on a continent. Much more realistic is the Ayeras claim and the Lonmar claim, since the areas indicated actually have towns inside that can reinforce the claims legitimacy.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
I'll just claim everything to stop the bickering... ;)
Seriously though, this whole thread is exactly why I've never forged ahead and make a sizeable region. It would never work due to all the conflict and people wanting to do their own thing instead of working together.

- Boulder

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
BarbarianGaming said:
The only bickering I've seen was when some of the staff came on and started this debate.
Nobody else was thinking about players yet to arrive. It's the job of staff to future proof among other things.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Guys, I can delete this thread if you want. All I meant to do with this was cement current RP claims for better clarification to help spark RP. Also, to clarify, Engem claimed so much due to them wanting space; seeing as most the world hates them :p

Gaby

Lord of Altera
if we're going by the 'player base' thing. Falandraal, which is about one tree and about 6 people cannot hold that much land.
but I didn't claim that for Falandraal???

I claimed it for the caparii/forest elf tribes living in the jungles?
so, you know, a new player wanting to play a caparii/forest elf from a small village deep in the jungle can actually point to their old home on a map?

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Well, i have a solution to the ''new players'' problem.

Limit the number of Houses/realms/landgrabbing powers to a certain amount, or at least, restrain their creation from now on, or apply rules concerning Houses such as the fact that from now on new Houses are considered vassals of an already existing faction following certain conditions and whatnot.

Honestly, if you were, for example, to leave only three major human factions, such as the Engems, Kingdom of Hierax and Skyrim, well, i wouldn't mind that much to lose all the work i've putted into my factions and groups, as long as I am promised to have a more dynamic world with bigger factions where people actually do interact diplomatically and militarily.

In short, make new players join existing groups instead of letting them start whatever they want whenever they want, so we don't end up with the current situation, a world full of tiny factions and groups that don't have the resources to actually do anything and are left to RP claims out that they will never interact with anyway.

Lemme tell you, I remember the times when Lonmar was fighting the Federation for the crown. At that time, there were only 2 big factions with dozens of players and multiple regions, (with several smaller ones, but that's alright), and the world was a dynamic and worth fighting for place.

Heck, im kinda hating myself a little over the fall of the Arcturian Empire.... It was really becoming a proper faction with real power, as we had over 7 regions, and something like 3 vassal houses, not including the engems.