Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
It's gonna be a couple days of transitioning, after today you should all be ICly settled in the camps of choice. Walking clear across the map IC doesn't make sense so that shouldnt be a complaint. Many people also don't ICly know the other camps locations or existance : (
As for OOC flying and checking out places, the cut off date is very soon on the region claiming so people should've found their spots by now.
Ultimately, we need to change some things so people with the bought ability to fly can, and not allow flying and TPing to every player (including any newbies). Without making it a massive task and without meddling with other perms. It's a bit weird.

But we should be good soon. I'll do my best to provide entertainment at your camps until then

Edit: If you've gone to sorrows etc I'll do some TPing when I'm IG to get you back there. Not currently sure if you can set homes or not, but I suggest doing so

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
It's gonna be a couple days of transitioning, after today you should all be ICly settled in the camps of choice. Walking clear across the map IC doesn't make sense so that shouldnt be a complaint. Many people also don't ICly know the other camps locations or existance : (
As for OOC flying and checking out places, the cut off date is very soon on the region claiming so people should've found their spots by now.
Ultimately, we need to change some things so people with the bought ability to fly can, and not allow flying and TPing to every player (including any newbies). Without making it a massive task and without meddling with other perms. It's a bit weird.

But we should be good soon. I'll do my best to provide entertainment at your camps until then
my character is at the grafjell camp IC. where as I am OOCly on the other side of the map because I was building something in creative. how do I get to grafjell camp?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I edited;
Edit: If you've gone to sorrows etc I'll do some TPing when I'm IG to get you back there. Not currently sure if you can set homes or not, but I suggest doing so

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Technically there's still like a week left on the claiming, so saying "People should be done by now" is kinda pushing the deadline forward unintentionally by a week.

Does it not make sense to revert this change until people are more settled, or at least until the deadline passes?

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Technically there's still like a week left on the claiming, so saying "People should be done by now" is kinda pushing the deadline forward unintentionally by a week.

Does it not make sense to revert this change until people are more settled, or at least until the deadline passes?
The cutoff date is the 2nd, so.. There's only two-three days left to claim.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
The cut off date is August 2nd. I'm just asking for a couple days patience while everything's going on/wanted to put out a response.

edit: damnit cukie

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
As far as I'm aware, it was always August 2nd. August 5th may have been the estimated time to move the regions forward, but for the actual declaration of intent, it's the 2nd.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Cutting off /tppos seems dumb but I'm already where I need to be. Sucks to suck, people without /fly.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Cutting out tppos and fly was so that no one could zoom around once new players officially popped up in the New World.

We'll be setting up temporary stable ports for the main evented camps (Anhald, in between Grafjell/Hawklight&gang/Fuvur) and moving sorrows warp soon. Camp Warps will be removed once travel system/claims are established.

And yep- August 2nd is the cutoff date, so please confirm your plans.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
When can we make region claims?
I've gotten some confirmation now. Here's the current progress and process:
  • We've managed to get through close to 40 region refunds within the past week. There's about 70 more to go who /have/ confirmed their spots. And a good majority aren't moving builds, just chests.
  • The current roster of who can refund is ptiber solus Archbishop Ced . Ptiber and Ced are away for the current time in-game, so please contact Archbishop or myself for your refunds in-game or through scheduled time on the forums.
  • August 2nd is the cutoff date. If you haven't confirmed your move- then we can't approve any last minute claims. This is tomorrow. August 2nd is tomorrow.
  • We are currently doing regions not moving builds over. If you're in the redzone and you have a pocket for your material chests and have moved items in chests and entities off the region, then you can ask for a refund now instead of waiting. Makes our job and this transition easier.
  • There are a few regions who are moving chests because they don't have pockets/sharing chests. After August 2nd, Readij and us will be sorting through any disputing claims. It shouldn't take too long and once those are finished, we can officially move player chests from the regions over to the spots people are claiming and then properly refund them
  • Once everyone is refunded, we'll open up claims for the region owners to claim their special spots and /then/ move builds over. (The large ones who had no disputed claims in the middle of the ocean are being worked on by readij). If you're asking why we're waiting till everyone's refunded with their money at least, if not the materials depending on their choice, we won't have people left behind when they need to make claims but can't because their refunds aren't done. We can't open up region claims for select people either.
  • On the off chance once claims open, a player goes to claim someone else's spot who's already officially claimed it on Readij's official thread, I'll personally destroy the region and refund half :)
I hope this eases confusion. The best thing a region owner can do in the purple and red zone to request region refunds: if they have materials in chests and entities taken off the region first and have a pocket to store things in a chest. It makes our process take only 5-10 minutes. We can even refund money first in order to purchase a pocket, then refund materials.

Those moving chests and builds over just need to wait till claims are official. And the process just takes 15 minutes or less for those with just chests. Just make sure you have the chests in one area to make it all the more easier. Books may need to be manually removed, so please do so before hand. (It's rumored books don't WE well. I'll test it out soon). Builds, of course, would be done with the region owner on to make sure the builds are set properly- and this is after claims are open.

Books in bookshelves have to be removed! You'll lose any book that remains in a bookshelf.

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
  • Once everyone is refunded, we'll open up claims for the region owners to claim their special spots and /then/ move builds over. (The large ones who had no disputed claims in the middle of the ocean are being worked on by readij). If you're asking why we're waiting till everyone's refunded with their money at least, if not the materials depending on their choice, we won't have people left behind when they need to make claims but can't because their refunds aren't done. We can't open up region claims for select people either.
  • On the off chance once claims open, a player goes to claim someone else's spot who's already officially claimed it on Readij's official thread, I'll personally destroy the region and refund half :)
So we can't claim until -every- old region is refunded, if I'm reading this correctly?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Addendum- there are players that have trouble scheduling times with us due to bieng away without Internet or travelling. We'll still continue onwards, of course. Your claims are still confirmed on the official thread.

The sorrows are now accessed via the docks at new world spawn. the boat at the old sorrowstown no longer works.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Just a mere question, nothing more nothin' less.

It was muttered that the map would at one point be downloadable (Old map) was that more of a meme or is that legit a-go-soon?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
It's responded to on first few posts. Not downloadable. We'll still let players spectate when the time comes.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I hope the copy from before the announcement will be used for that? We manually took the shipyard apart and put it in chests to save some refunding work before we learned about the refund plugin. We also tore everything out of Heaven's Reach that was said to be not refunded through the plugin. It's a real mess now. :)

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
We have a backup file from the time of announcement and are refunding from there, yes. Any destruction that occurred or builds during recent events aren't included. Claimed plots in those times will still be refunded, just not with the added bonus. Same goes for regions that were made after announcement.

Please don't tear down buildings - we do check on that in case people are trying. The blocks on your claimed plots refund.

Last edited: