Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fundraiser] New Map! 1570/1100

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I also wished I got to know about this before I literally got excited to build again and spent the last week carefully deconstructing my old town.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Axex. I seem to remember a certain ginger headed man saying on another map discussion thread he'd donate to the cause, HM.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
moving regions is lame

give people refunds for all region costs + some of their resources
Maybe for people who haven't put months and even years of work into their region perhaps. I imagine those who had would be a little annoyed if they were forced to do that.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Okay, so. Before things get heated or confusing, I want to go ahead and say there's going to be a kind of FAQ set up shortly.

There's also a lot in progress that comes along with the new map. There will be lore justification, there will be events, and there /is/ a hell of a lot of planning in progress. We'd not suggest or go for something to this scale if we hadn't thought about scenarios and discussed it with every staff member.

(On that note, I've added $30 today Anti. Throw it into your progress bar.)

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Maybe for people who haven't put months and even years of work into their region perhaps. I imagine those who had would be a little annoyed if they were forced to do that.
i've put about a year into most of my build work on the server (although not all of it is in anhald) and i really couldn't be bothered as long as i get my money back

as much as we miss our regions when they're gone, there's no IC explanation for them moving over and it's OOCly hideous 9 out of 10 times

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
YAAAAAAAAAAS
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'll buy three legends ranks. Whoever wants a legend rank can send me a forum convo about with a haiku about grapes. Best haiku gets a legend rank, so that I can donate to the cause.

I would like to point out that amount of difficulty players have found in making new regions lately, because it's so massively cluttered. Could be good for new players to get a foothold on the face of Altera.
Who better than the grape man himself.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Okay, so. Before things get heated or confusing, I want to go ahead and say there's going to be a kind of FAQ set up shortly.

There's also a lot in progress that comes along with the new map. There will be lore justification, there will be events, and there /is/ a hell of a lot of planning in progress. We'd not suggest or go for something to this scale if we hadn't thought about scenarios and discussed it with every staff member.

(On that note, I've added $30 today Anti. Throw it into your progress bar.)
I love you guys, but this is NOT the campaign to throw straight out of the gate. Its undoubtedly complicated and heavy, and lore... and I just....

... sigh.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I'd put forth that debating the logistics of moving over buildings and regions here wouldn't be as helpful as its own thread. Staff haven't said their intent regarding this yet.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I love you guys, but this is NOT the campaign to throw straight out of the gate. Its undoubtedly complicated and heavy, and lore... and I just....

... sigh.
I didn't mean to give away anything incredibly certain, I've been on staff less than a week and I'm still catching up with it all, I just wanna try and assure people that there's a lot in progress/not public and that we're going to do the very best we can. c:

With that said- I must of food now

edit: or soon

I'd put forth that debating the logistics of moving over buildings and regions here wouldn't be as helpful as its own thread. Staff haven't said their intent regarding this yet.
Ive suggested a FAQ thing, so people can post all questions and concerns in this thread and it'll all get compiled to try and give a much clearer idea of what's going on.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
$1,100.

For a minecraft map.

This seems like a colossal waste of funding. We could make our own map again, and no it won't be as good, but I'm sure that together, as a community effort, we could come up with an extremely good one - for free.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Jesus Christ, you're buying a map for over one thousand dollars? We have Tayohud for a reason ;-;
I also would love if Tayo did it, but he has done a map for another server and is also staff there. Not sure if he's exactly available.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
am I allowed to talk about it now

Last time we had an in-server map-maker someone gave us our current "masterpiece". I think a commission is a better idea.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I... hmm.

While a new map is most certainly needed, paying such an exorbitant amount of money for one seems foolish. The rent for my current apartment for a month is less than this.
Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled... But even so, the price is just so high.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
My biggest concern is transferring over regions that are tied to a terrain such as an island chain. Also that water flows downhill that would be great.

As for other things guys we had a huge argument of people whining about wanting a new map. Literally half of you complaining I can go back and quote you guys posting things about needing one. Now staff has listened and we're complaining again?

Let's wait to see the specifics before we flip out. Price debates I however do second that's a lot of money. However if it's being fundraiser separately and we also take into account that Readji and Anti literally saved the server 1300 dollars per year this years operating cost is still down 200$ from the previous year. Yet if you still think it's too expensive you don't have to donate. It's a donation not a tax.