Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game of Thrones [No Book Spoilers, but filled with TV Series Spoilers!]

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
That one too. Other than that though, they end up forgetting armor does what it does.
You'd think with all the plot twists and intelligent dialogue they'd be able to at least have decent portrayals of armor and battle. The Battle of the Bastards was cool but it was mostly just people smashing into each other like idiots.

Battles aren't really like that, they're usually solid lines/blocks of soldiers- then again, the BotB was pretty amazing in terms of sheer grotesque-ness

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Can we talk about why Dany doesn't at least try and give her Unsullied swords or mail? I get realistically it'd be hard but c'mon the Lannisters get plate and this weird leather segmented armor
If somebody isn't used to fighting in a certain weight of armor, or more specifically, trained their entire lifes to regimental effectivity with a certain set of tactics, changing that up basically destroys all the reflex training.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
If somebody isn't used to fighting in a certain weight of armor, or more specifically, trained their entire lifes to regimental effectivity with a certain set of tactics, changing that up basically destroys all the reflex training.
Also spears have a tactical advantage over swords in a marching attack column and in the defensive wall.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Having said that, they should probably be given at least gambesons, not least of which because Westeros is way colder than Essos

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I dont even watch GoT, but have this

tumblr_oty70nBbct1w8euxmo2_400.gif

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
dany is an awful entitled person with a huge ego and the dragons are morally wrong to use

i dont see how anyone can view her as the 'good guy' after tonight

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
dany is an awful entitled person with a huge ego and the dragons are morally wrong to use

i dont see how anyone can view her as the 'good guy' after tonight
I think that was the point of the episode. She had people yelling at her not to do something, and she went and did it anyways.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
The cargo she was burning, wasn't that either the gold or food from the Reach that she or Tyrion said they would need for the war?