Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game of Thrones [No Book Spoilers, but filled with TV Series Spoilers!]

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

I couldn't put to words the internal screaming at the end scene. It was a good episode to me.

(Also @above, most likely)

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Lord Tarly had said the gold had already made it through the Kings Landing gates.

Those wagons were full of food and other supplies.

A big question could be how did a foot of water that Jamie's horse could charge through suddenly turn into a 50 foot drop off in the space of 3 feet further inwards. Oh well.

Brilliant episode all around.

EDIT: Also the Bronnmance is real. Gods, I didn't know who I wanted to root for that entire battle.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Lord Tarly had said the gold had already made it through the Kings Landing gates.

Those wagons were full of food and other supplies.

A big question could be how did a foot of water that Jamie's horse could charge through suddenly turn into a 50 foot drop off in the space of 3 feet further inwards. Oh well.

Brilliant episode all around.

EDIT: Also the Bronnmance is real. Gods, I didn't know who I wanted to root for that entire battle.
Cersei is crazy and needs to go down
Dany is also crazy and needs to go down, but we need Jaime to kill Cersei first

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
The thing Paint and I were discussing is that there's probably going to be some form of "redemption" arc for Dany. She starts losing focus, rampaging and doing what everyone tells her not to, and then someone steps in to slap some sense into her. Obviously a short arc considering how the seasons are planned out, but that's what it seems like so far. I'm just waiting for my boy Jorah.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
The thing Paint and I were discussing is that there's probably going to be some form of "redemption" arc for Dany. She starts losing focus, rampaging and doing what everyone tells her not to, and then someone steps in to slap some sense into her. Obviously a short arc considering how the seasons are planned out, but that's what it seems like so far. I'm just waiting for my boy Jorah.
Jorah's someone she trusts and has known her for a while. He could quite easily arrive on Dragonstone now that he's cured and be like "eyy fam this ain't you, tf"

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I was almost expecting Dany to die in the fight just because that would set free 2 dragons to do whatever and cause chaos.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
ive just watched the episode

i couldnt care less if dany died.. i was too busy internally screaming for bronn to give up and switch sides.

jaime isn't dead. he'll find a miraculous saviour which is of no problem to me because i like where he is going.

where the fuck is gendry please.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
ive just watched the episode

i couldnt care less if dany died.. i was too busy internally screaming for bronn to give up and switch sides.

jaime isn't dead. he'll find a miraculous saviour which is of no problem to me because i like where he is going.

where the fuck is gendry please.
Rowing

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Looks to me like she's just doing what her ancestor did when conquering Westeros the first time around. Cause this battle other then the fact Dany only brought one and he was slightly injured in the battle dragon vs the first Targaryen duder whose name I forget brought all three and burned them all. It was in fact the battle I believed that convinced the King of North to surrender.

Also a pretty big note is she brought one dragon she could control, against military targets. Everyone killed in that episode is Lannister Military far far away from any possible collateral damage. Everyone is telling her not to use the dragons to burn down storms Landing not because they care about Cersei. Everyone there with the exception of Tyrion (Who is probably conflicted) wants Cersei to die very badly, they say this to protect the civilians. So far she hasn't burnt down civilian targets and her using dragons in the war in some form has always been the accepted endgame from the beginning. With Jorah stating "You will retake the Seven Kingdoms with dragons not Unsullied" wayyyyy back in the day.

Note: The burning of Supplies was irredeemable stupid and the magic HW esque showing up in various places regardless of time it would take to travel is kind of annoying.

WizardlyLizard

Villager
The cargo she was burning, wasn't that either the gold or food from the Reach that she or Tyrion said they would need for the war?
The gold had already made it into King's Landing, that was totally a bunch of grain that she torched. Admittedly, it'd be a little hard for Dany + Dothraki to secure the cargo and get it back to Dragonstone, so maybe they just went full Scorched Earth on purpose.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
We can probably all agree that Jaime has to kill Cersei
Then Bronn can kill Dany
And then Bronn can rule the 7 kingdoms
:)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Note: The burning of Supplies was irredeemable stupid and the magic HW esque showing up in various places regardless of time it would take to travel is kind of annoying.
Aegon I wasn't the 'good guy' either but he at least gave his enemies the chance to see his dragons and surrender, first. The first Field of Fire occurred because they chose not to, as you mentioned, but burning people alive is awful no matter how you shake it. Alongside how entitled she acts and how much I dislike the Dragonstone scenes, I'm not rooting for her. Cersei isn't better so I'm not rooting for her, either, but at least Jaime is cool.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Is it bad that I just hope the Iron Bank gets repaid?

Golden Company coming over would be interesting, though.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Something something the Dothraki tactics were terrible and they should have just ridden in front of the Lannisters and shot at them.

Also her advisers seemed very specific about not targeting civilians. She didn't target civilians. She destroyed an army. Granted she technically could've slaughtered them all with fewer casualties had Dothraki used better tactics than "Charge until win," but hey.

Also the fight between Arya and Bryenne was meh. People keep calling Arya's small sword a rapier. Let me reiterate. Arya's small sword. Not rapier.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I should just add a question: what makes you actually think that what Danny did was bad? From an objective standpoint she committed an act of psychological warfare against an enemy that had, until that point, been winning. She showed them that she can strike anywhere and at any time. This is an amazing action from a military standpoint.

Furthermore it must take some very, very short memory to not remember the fact that Cersei blew up a church filled mostly with civilians and, alongside it, leaders of a large populist movement. If GoT was to frame Daenerys as the evil one, they'd be wrong. I don't believe for a second her military action would place her anywhere near or blowing up of the sept. This is at best comparable to Blackwater Bay which a few seasons back we thought was awesome (even though Stannis was clearly always the right choice all along and you can try to fight me if you disagree). I can't even imagine the peasants getting too pissed off at this if you consider that, again, Cersei destroyed a populist movement. That's of course aside from the fact that peasants wouldn't care too much to begin with.

Did Ed Sheeran mess with ya brains? .o.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I should just add a question: what makes you actually think that what Danny did was bad? From an objective standpoint she committed an act of psychological warfare against an enemy that had, until that point, been winning. She showed them that she can strike anywhere and at any time. This is an amazing action from a military standpoint.

Furthermore it must take some very, very short memory to not remember the fact that Cersei blew up a church filled mostly with civilians and, alongside it, leaders of a large populist movement. If GoT was to frame Daenerys as the evil one, they'd be wrong. I don't believe for a second her military action would place her anywhere near or blowing up of the sept. This is at best comparable to Blackwater Bay which a few seasons back we thought was awesome (even though Stannis was clearly always the right choice all along and you can try to fight me if you disagree). I can't even imagine the peasants getting too pissed off at this if you consider that, again, Cersei destroyed a populist movement. That's of course aside from the fact that peasants wouldn't care too much to begin with.

Did Ed Sheeran mess with ya brains? .o.
i think we would be fine if it didnt almost kill jaime and bronn :c i love those guys1!!11!!

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
i think we would be fine if it didnt almost kill jaime and bronn :c i love those guys1!!11!!
No disagreements there! But from cold calculations, to quote the Late Great Cave Johnson, "when I punch these numbers into the calculator it makes a happy face!"

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I should just add a question: what makes you actually think that what Danny did was bad?
Militarily it was a victory, but there's something awful about burning a whole field of people alive like that without warning. I don't impose my modern morals on Hollowworld because I have to actively partake, but I sure as hell am going to impose them on the show when I'm considering who to root for. I don't like Cersei either, though. Westeros lost the only good candidate when Stannis caught a sudden case of plot induced stupid and died.