Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Region Reset Discussion

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
My nation is based off of Germany and France. If they were far left. And conquered by Sweden in the time of the Roman Empire.

That does sound cool though, I was considering making a France-like nation that was far right and worshipped Marianne like a god, but ultimately decided against it.

I'm probably just remaking Corvermell #swag

@LightTwig Corvermell is an asian nation: it's based off of India, Indonesia, and Oceania.
: P
I should clarify that when I say 'Asia' I'm typically referring to East Asia, it's a force of habit.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

That does sound cool though, I was considering making a France-like nation that was far right and worshipped Marianne like a god, but ultimately decided against it.
I gave a more confusing explanation. Two peoples with different languages and cultures (based off Germany and France), didn't really care about each other much, united by conquering king from north taking all their land. Had a communist revolution in the same way Russia did, but around 1895, which is around twenty years earlier than Russia. Were given the vote in the 1950s after stronger neighbours decided they didn't like their neighbours being under a dictator, but remained leftist.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
more like if Josef Stalin wasn't a communist.
That would just be a terribly organised state given that Stalin was little more than a thug who slithered into power by abusing the already corrupt system. If you're just referring to a semi-totalitarian state then I get ya though.

Raith

Lord of Altera
If Josef Stalin wasn't a communist / didn't come into power in Soviet Russia, there'd just be a different communist leader, possibly Lenin or one of his dear comrades.
it is
That would just be a terribly organised state given that Stalin was little more than a thug who slithered into power by abusing the already corrupt system. If you're just referring to a semi-totalitarian state then I get ya though.
almost as if people don't understand where I am going with this

Gregor

Lord of Altera
Arhemia: Union between medieval Switzerland and Bohemia that in the 1800's with Tarcheya's revolution had a communist revolution that ended with a foreign intervention that took large swathes of Arhemian land and restoration of the monarch, who promptly died without heir whereafter the highest ranking military leader took regency. The Grand Admiral. . . Arhemia is also a landlocked nation following the war.

Arhemia!
-GLORIOUS MONARCHY
-but is admiral
-also is landlocked.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
My nation, by the way, is Tarcheya.

I really like nations with Tar in the name.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Ideally, everyone should create their new nations at the same time.

I originally said that we'd have the official date on Monday, but I believe that enough people are active that we can move up the date to Sunday afternoon, right after the official vote closes.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
So, people who are all here on Sunday will make their nations at the same time, allowing for fairness etc. But what about Joe Blow who wants to join in on the NS fun in two weeks time? His stats will be different, but then again I don't really think that'll matter much.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
So, people who are all here on Sunday will make their nations at the same time, allowing for fairness etc. But what about Joe Blow who wants to join in on the NS fun in two weeks time? His stats will be different, but then again I don't really think that'll matter much.
I'm pretty sure part of the idea of the reset wasn't to eliminate all unfairness, but to eliminate the unfairness that comes from nations having existed pre-RP or for years existing at the same as new nations. People joining a few weeks after a major reset isn't nearly as bad as people joining a year after.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
That makes sense. Also, my concept:

Republic of Kagota
> Presidential Republic
> Overthrew monarchy in the 1940s
> Modernised lightning quick
> Government works in tandem with the Kado, a religious head who is separate from the state but highly influential.
> Imports loads of unrefined goods as well as natural resources
> Exports consumer goods, white appliances, vehicles, and electronics.
> Has a bitchin' navy.