Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Organization] Blackscalpel Kriegsmarine

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(Long ago approved, release precipitated and pended upon the start of the 'No Gods, No Masters' campaign.)

Formed of killers, professional soldiers and those who ride the tides of the fortunes of war, approached beyond the veil of death and offered another chance, to fight a worthy war, against worthy foes, for the betterment and liberation of the world from all that would claim it, the Blackstone Kriegsmarine has trained incessantly for the day they would be called upon, under the generalship of his majesty, Charles the First, of Anhald. (Rygan - The day has come, thou art called once more to war.)

Each Kriegsmarine is an animated armor golem, composed of a set of steel plate, over which has been bonded, strapped, or otherwise attached a layer of hard obsidian. Atop the helmet, each wears the skull of a Wither-empowered skeleton that each claimed themselves.

They are not powered by trapped elementals, but by a purer magic and the will and motive strength of the volunteer. Each possesses a seal somewhere on the plate that keeps the two together. Disrupting or sundering that seal instantly severs the connection. (I was mandated to give away the weakness in a briefing.) They are otherwise an animated suit of armor, and their tactics take advantage of their durability.

Armaments:
Steel Halberds
Obsidian Pilums or Harpoons
Cranequin Crossbows with various bolts.
Arm-mounted Obsidian push-daggers and armor spikes
Misc favored implements of individuals.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Can we tame these with carrots?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Unique Armament - Punctuated Invective-class Cannon:

Based upon unique breechloading designs seen at the fortress of Wintermourne, the Punctuated class cannon can, with fairly good timing, fire the following types of shot.

Shot
Grapeshot
Blackstone Kriegsmarine Aeroboarder - Taking advantage of the sufficiently large bore and sufficiently compressible and durable Kriegsmarine, everything is air-droppable at least once. Armed with Steel Halberd or Obsidian pike depending upon circumstance, the Kriegsmarine have trained in this... unique rapid boarding and assailement technique.

Punctuated Invective cannons cannot utilize chain-shot or any other unique type of siege projectile not listed, being customized towards a specific use case.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Unique Armament - Blades of Severance

Utilizing the inbuilt properties of the core Enchantment table lore, these unique anti-spirit blades are made.

First, the initial binding is allowed to occur on the weaponry, creating a weapon that years for an elemental or spirit to inhabit it to power the enchantment.

Then, through great force, the blade is bodily wrenched from the table before the enchantment is complete, leaving the practitioner with a weapon that hungers for, and will rip chunks off of, an elemental or spirit that it strikes, while being otherwise completely mundane with absolutely no effectiveness increase against humanoid foes. A specific weapon for specific targets.

Two varieties of this weapon exist.

The ones made of steel can, with sufficient use, eventually become blades enhanced with the Smite property instead of their unique severing properties, and would then be sold, disenchanted, or otherwise repurposed as blades against undead and demons.

The ones made of obsidian are designed to be single-use, stabbed once into a particular foe, then twisted off and shattered inside it's body for maximum destructive potential.

This methodology is planned for public release, a means for the common man to protect themselves against that which would seek to master him.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Unique Thaumaturgical Device (Master Class): Vengeful Gaze of the Grey Mantle:

This smoothbore metallic cylinder, weighing in at approximately 120 pounds, is made of a variety of metallic composites and is studded with gross profligation of gemstones.

It has been resting deep within the exposed magma fields of both world maps for (Based on other folk's timeskips) somewhere between twenty and a hundred and change years.

It is designed for the singular purpose of, one time, enhancing the Magnum Opus of the Evoker known as Daniel Draiden, General Legion.

It is unknown how much of an amplification factor this would bestow, as the device has not been tested, citing fears of collateral damage.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
kriegsmarine just means navy

are you sure you're using your german right

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug

I'd guess these guys could operate underwater with relative ease. So perhaps Water Warrior isn't that far off.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I'd guess these guys could operate underwater with relative ease. So perhaps Water Warrior isn't that far off.
Kriegsmarine means nothing similar to water warrior

Marine, in this context, just means navy. Kriegsmarine specifies that it's a navy for war. It could also mean a marine as in marine soldiers, but it wasn't until the age of muskets and oppressing the natives that marine became used in that context.

The German Kriegsmarine was also known as the Reichsmarine up until WWII, so it's directly taking a Nazi name.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram

It is, in fact, a primarily naval force. Hence the cannons and several other accoutrements and a few other things not directly mentioned in a public thread and more on the DL for commanders.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
It is, in fact, a primarily naval force. Hence the cannons and several other accoutrements and a few other things not directly mentioned in a public thread and more on the DL for commanders.
Fair enough.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Yeah, might want to rename considering we have a city called Blackstone, and a "Blackstone Navy" could very easily be associated with us.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Yeah, might want to rename considering we have a city called Blackstone, and a "Blackstone Navy" could very easily be associated with us.
Use it to force respect
"The city of Blackstone SUCKS!"
'Oi, don't let me call our navy!'
"I'm good."

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I've literally heard nothing about Hawklight in the news and didn't know you happened to make a city with that name. Fair's fair, you've got a published thing with that name before I published this. I'll pick some other obsidian-referential name, no issues there.

Give me a tic to ponder though.

I'll probably brainstorm among the brass and ask em which replacement name they happen to like.

In the interim, in accordance with it's intended use-case, it's currently going to be Blackscalpel or a suitable translation of it if someone is willing to provide it.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Isn't obsidian relatively useless when it comes to weaponry ..
It's sharp but it's basically a one-off in the context of it's use case.

You don't use obsidian on fleshy humies, you use it on daft watery bints, trolls, ghasts, other things that regenerate or self-cast magic, etc.