Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
I have a Legacy of Fire backstory and it's my favourite campaign out of these, although I can switch to other campaign if that is agreed on :)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Ok, I would like to start tonight, but it seems there is a divide on which adventure to play. Sounds like a good call for Legacy of fire, though I'd suspect there's some still wanting council of thieves.

I'm going to call an audible and go with Legacy of Fire. I'm sorry to those that were wanting council more, but I feel that the traditional roleplay/hacknslash will fit this group better than the courtly intrigue that council of thieves brings.

I'm sorry again to make a change this late in.

Please look through the legacy of fire player's guide, make sure one trait is from their campaign traits, and make sure your background fits with the setting. If your character can be local it would be better than having a handful of foreigners. Also pay special attention to the special rules concerning heat (and lighting conditions, if you plan to mostly move at night to avoid the heat) and hunger/thirst.

I'll need to get your backgrounds before we can really start as the traits, and most importantly how they interact with your background, determine a number of things down the road in the adventure.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ok, I would like to start tonight, but it seems there is a divide on which adventure to play. Sounds like a good call for Legacy of fire, though I'd suspect there's some still wanting council of thieves.

I'm going to call an audible and go with Legacy of Fire. I'm sorry to those that were wanting council more, but I feel that the traditional roleplay/hacknslash will fit this group better than the courtly intrigue that council of thieves brings.

I'm sorry again to make a change this late in.

Please look through the legacy of fire player's guide, make sure one trait is from their campaign traits, and make sure your background fits with the setting. If your character can be local it would be better than having a handful of foreigners. Also pay special attention to the special rules concerning heat (and lighting conditions, if you plan to mostly move at night to avoid the heat) and hunger/thirst.

I'll need to get your backgrounds before we can really start as the traits, and most importantly how they interact with your background, determine a number of things down the road in the adventure.
Aye Aye! Finalizing for Legacy of Fire either today or tomorrow, then posting the character sheet and bio here.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Just checking, but this:

Elemental Resistance: Elves who dwell in the most extreme environments, from arctic wastelands to volcanic plains, develop natural resistance to the dangers of their homelands over the course of a few generations. Elves with this racial trait gain elemental resistance 5 to acid, cold, electricity, or fire. This choice is made at character creation, and once made it cannot be changed. This racial trait replaces elven immunities.

Would become "+2 Racial bonus on saves and checks versus fire and heat effects" to a Desert Elf based on our previous ruling?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
And the other thing I cannot happen to find anywhere:

Do elves trance instead of sleep in pathfinder?

I'm looking to take the following alternatives to create a nomadic 'Desert Elf' subrace:

Elemental Resistance
Desert Walker

Personal Alteration:
Replace Rapier with Scimitar and Longbow with Chakram under racial proficiencies. A nomadic desert people would be racial users of weapons workable on horseback, and both the Rapier and Longbow are terrible in this regard.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Also, my apologies, but work kinda hit me like a sack of bricks today/tonight. I've got to finish off inventory and write out backstory still and I'll be ready to go.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
And the other thing I cannot happen to find anywhere:

Do elves trance instead of sleep in pathfinder?
Elves do sleep in pathfinder, but they still have immunity from sleep effects iirc. They only sleep when they feel like it, lol.

Actually, the whole "trancing elves" thing is relatively uncommon. It's part of the Greyhawk setting, I believe, which is the deafult setting for dnd 3.5. Many other settings even back in 3.5 had elves sleep like everyone else.

I'll check over the racial alts, they should be fine.

The custom weapons thing... let me mull that one over.

Oh, and don't worry about not having everything ready just yet. I'm still waiting on... everyone... I believe. Anyone got all their stuff ready?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Elves do sleep in pathfinder, but they still have immunity from sleep effects iirc. They only sleep when they feel like it, lol.

Actually, the whole "trancing elves" thing is relatively uncommon. It's part of the Greyhawk setting, I believe, which is the deafult setting for dnd 3.5. Many other settings even back in 3.5 had elves sleep like everyone else.

I'll check over the racial alts, they should be fine.

The custom weapons thing... let me mull that one over.

Oh, and don't worry about not having everything ready just yet. I'm still waiting on... everyone... I believe. Anyone got all their stuff ready?
I'm just happy you knew what I was talking about. I swore I remember elf sleep being different and then couldn't find anything anywhere about it in 3.5, Pathfinder, etc.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ruildarri El'Zair (Roo-eel-dar-ree Ell-za-eer) [Pending Approval of Background, Character Background.][[Yeah, I know, awkward sentance.]] {Translation of randomly rolled name: NobleWorldWalker GreenLightning}

The Desert Elves of Katapesh: Summation in five words: Fantasy World version of Bedouin. Nomadic peoples that live in the desert in loose tribes. Societal focus on honour and sacred hospitality. (IE, just add elves to the existing Badawi
subculture. I've been reading on the PF lore the instant our game was fixed.)

Any child with magical capabilities amongst the tribes was considered a terrible omen of ill-fortune. Upon discovering any talent for it in the tribe, they would mount a slow expedition to the city of Katapesh. When they arrived, they would arrange for fosterage of the child if necessary amongst their known half-elven associates of the city, give the child their full inheritance from the tribes to see them to adulthood, and regretfully never come see them again.

Such is this character's non-contingent background. I have additional things written about Haleen, but I'm waiting to see if anyone else is involving that character into their background or not.

Work to be done:
Spells in Spellbook / Spells Prepared
Inventory

Character Sheet
http://www.dndonlinegames.com/profiler/view.php?id=37006

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Still here. Still game to go. Waiting on a confirm of the above and for other people to finalize things before I do, but otherwise am solidly ready to go.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Still waiting on people to post their finished character sheets and backgrounds. If you've already posted a finished character sheet and background, link me to it again. except Nael, since his is just two posts above.