Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Phases of the Exodus

Roedhip

Villager
Could there be sort of societies dedicated to a certain way of life outside the normal houses and families, I.e. a group of astronomers or a rogue gang if thieves in the wilderness? Or is that not medieval times?

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
We need furry races >.>
We need mental races that everyone will think are weird except themselves <.<
We need racist races that will think they're waaay better then the rest >.<
We need... Flying races? <.>
Flying races are definite no, its just an excuse for people to then go and abuse the fly mod.

S

Stevey

Could there be sort of societies dedicated to a certain way of life outside the normal houses and families, I.e. a group of astronomers or a rogue gang if thieves in the wilderness? Or is that not medieval times?
Yeah that's fine, encouraged even.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
No that's not what I mean :p
I mean more of like humans that wouldn't consider themselves humans, who would live in skies on gigantic airships (there would be no floating islands etc.) Airships would have buildings built on them and would generally be very big.

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
No that's not what I mean :p
I mean more of like humans that wouldn't consider themselves humans, who would live in skies on gigantic airships (there would be no floating islands etc.) Airships would have buildings built on them and would generally be very big.
With the new height of 256 and most of the land being very low (under normal sea level!) I don't think this should be disregarded as it normally would. But I think this should be something that needs to be more thought out.

I'm thinking in the lines of this. People can build in the sky but they first need to build the airships on ground as they can't be build in the air of course. When you're done you can ask an mod/admin for permission for lift off. The mod/admin will approve or disapprove of your build (you can't have rocket power jet engines for example!) and can initiate an world edit to move your ship to the desired location. This location needs to be checked by the mod/admin as it can't float above someones city without permission for example.

This seems like a lot of work. But it would expand the roleplay and also gives moderators and admins the control over what's in the sky.

billybob_579

Legend of Altera
Yeah that's fine, encouraged even.
I'm sorry if I've missed something huge, but I'm terribly confused now. I've read the whole thread and I still am. Is building in the wilderness permitted? I know Towny is going (or something like that), but I thought that some other plugin would take its place and building in the wilderness would still be denied. Was I mistaken, and people actually can build off by themselves now? The quoted posts make me think we will be allowed to, which I personally think is a great idea -- although, there is still the issue of everyone building out there and making it ugly, if that were enabled.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
I'm sorry if I've missed something huge, but I'm terribly confused now. I've read the whole thread and I still am. Is building in the wilderness permitted? I know Towny is going (or something like that), but I thought that some other plugin would take its place and building in the wilderness would still be denied. Was I mistaken, and people actually can build off by themselves now? The quoted posts make me think we will be allowed to, which I personally think is a great idea -- although, there is still the issue of everyone building out there and making it ugly, if that were enabled.
He means roleplay group
Building in the wilderness is allowed, but I think that you have to apply to build or something like that

BystanderTim

Villager
You could probably build in the wilderness if you were like a high admin or something, but unregistered have to join a town and build in their plot of land

billybob_579

Legend of Altera
Towny won't be used in the new world
Might I ask what will be used? Or are we going back to the good ol' days before we had any such plugin, and folks built in the wilderness as they saw fit? I personally think that might be nice, since that's how some of the best RP towns got started, but if there's another plan I'm curious to hear it. Er, read it.