Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Quick intro to Makani

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Problem: The gods are manufactured, not natural things. Either the Makani god is an Immortal King or it's a side project a King forgot about
"Whoops sorry lads I made some bird people a thousand or so years ago, welp whatcha gonna do about it"

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Also there was sentient life on the planet before we arrived iirc. The bug people anyone? Unless that was retconned. I also was under the assumption that enough followers in worship of a set of ideals ripped a being out of the planar infinity and shoved it into that slot to suit. Which, if that is the case, Makani fit the bill- a solid population focused on a single divine God of the sky would feasibly cause it to exist.

Edit: manna being an immortal king would be cool development

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Also there was sentient life on the planet before we arrived iirc. The bug people anyone? Unless that was retconned. I also was under the assumption that enough followers in worship of a set of ideals ripped a being out of the planar infinity and shoved it into that slot to suit. Which, if that is the case, Makani fit the bill- a solid population focused on a single divine God of the sky would feasibly cause it to exist.

There was, but died off, which is what I meant. There was no sentient life when Alterans arrived

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

Bugs was NK. I put the ruins there for later plot stuff but it never panned out.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
There was, but died off, which is what I meant. There was no sentient life when Alterans arrived
To actually answer everybody's questions in one go, because I can always clear up historical decisions and why/why nots of that specific timeframe-

A world was specifically chosen that had whatever requirements necessary for sentient life to arise and at least one segment where it had AND died off.

OOC reasons why that was chosen:
1) All map generation had villages turned off. (No villagers or other NPCs extant were to be on the map.)
2) There was a sorrowlands teeming with undead as a requirement, so it means there needed to be some kind of civilization at some point that later went of the wayside.
3) We didn't want to forcibly insert lore/civilizations on any specific area so we did not /insert/ any cultures onto the NK map so people could be free to assimilate the areas however we wanted.

Note though - ONLY the northern kingdoms and attached south part of the map had that specific criteria, and the rest of the map was going to have other civs to locate and explore and have encounters with. (As per referance, see Council - Culture/Race creation contest circa 3~ years ago.)

As such, there is no actual conflict in the birb-folks existing somewhere else on the map. It's a large unspecified planetoid specifically to allow for expansions as one willed.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Note though - ONLY the northern kingdoms and attached south part of the map had that specific criteria, and the rest of the map was going to have other civs to locate and explore and have encounters with. (As per referance, see Council - Culture/Race creation contest circa 3~ years ago.)
Except the idea to have someone coming from distant lands was always heavily discouraged, to the point where there was a whole massive event to sail East even though someone would have definitely tried it before. There was never an indication that we were allowed to create foreign civilisations. I'm glad this is the case, because civilisation being locked to a relatively small continent makes little sense, but it always seemed to be at least heavily frowned upon, if not outright dismissed.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Except the idea to have someone coming from distant lands was always heavily discouraged, to the point where there was a whole massive event to sail East even though someone would have definitely tried it before. There was never an indication that we were allowed to create foreign civilisations. I'm glad this is the case, because civilisation being locked to a relatively small continent makes little sense, but it always seemed to be at least heavily frowned upon, if not outright dismissed.
People aren't coming from distant places though. These unknowns are used to create plot or lore as required when the lore team wants to add to the setting.