Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Testing Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just downloaded it, Attempted too log in: The launcher stays open saying "Checking for minecraft Update" and doesn't progress at all, While theres another window open "Spoutcraft" with a white screen..

S

Stevey

I'm losing patience with people who just say 'omglols spout sucks'.

People should recognize the potential of having spout on the server. The ability to do things like adding custom blocks, items, music, windows when speaking to NPCs or when doing quests, windows when reading books and the features will keep expanding. We aren't adding spout to the server just for lols, we have actual reasons.

The only legitimate claim is having such a bad PC (which shouldnt be fit to run MC in the first place) that it makes you lag badly.

Most people who complain about lag usually didn't set their video settings properly yet.

Spout will be a definitely be an encouraged feature of our server and we will develop features where we expect people to use it. It is undecided however whether or not we will force players to use spoutcraft.

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
Before: Norton Anti-virus doesn't like SpoutCraft
During: Writing 2 EXE programs, Norton ON & Norton OFF
After: SpoutCraft for Me!

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
I like the feature's Spout has to offer, the only thing's I don't like about it are
A) I can't find out how to change a button, the ' button, that keep's pausing the game
and
B) The flymod on it suck's, If there is any way to add our own flymod's e.g. Zombe, then I will Gladly do it.
Overall I like spout, it is easy to Download and install, and other than the two thing's I said above, really enjoy it.
If you know of an answer to these point's, please, please, please, tell me about it, as I don't want the enjoyment of it ruined by this little aspect. I can see how this will benefit the server , and am totally pumped for it to happen. I can't wait for the detail's we will have on it. :)

Akuma-sama

I think I might like it here
Shadow: A) No idea.
B) Without Spout, you can't fly. It's not a vanilla feature if that's what you think.
There's no other way of making flying possible either, except for client mods or creative-mode.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
B) Without Spout, you can't fly. It's not a vanilla feature if that's what you think.
Huh? I am not too sure what you mean by this Akuma, I know that flying isn't a feature of the Vanilla game,
I was just expressing interest as to whether there is any way to change the feature so as to allow us to continue using Zombe fly. I was under the impression that, when we download/use the spoutcraft client, we are not able to download any mod's onto it. :confused:

Akuma-sama

I think I might like it here
Huh? I am not too sure what you mean by this Akuma, I know that flying isn't a feature of the Vanilla game,
I was just expressing interest as to whether there is any way to change the feature so as to allow us to continue using Zombe fly. I was under the impression that, when we download/use the spoutcraft client, we are not able to download any mod's onto it. :confused:
Yes that is all true what you said.

What I meant was, when you have Spout, the best you can have right now is thru a plugin which is installed now.

S

Stevey

Zombe doesn't work with spout (yet). The plugin space linked it the one we are using, its not horrible but not the best either.

The ` thingy I have to change. It's simply a key in the config.

S

Stevey

I wouldn't be too sure that they'll start supporting mods.
As far as I've seen, they have no plans in doing so...
No but I can see a feature being added at some point that offers zombe-like flying. Actual zombe-like flying.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
The ` thingy I have to change. It's simply a key in the config.
Ah, okay thank's for clearing that bit up
And okay, the flight which is installed now is the best we can have on the server at the moment. Okay, I was just wondering about that. :)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Who knows, ive convinced my genius of a friend(The one whos makin the game) to take a break and take a look at possibly splitting creative mode flying and creative mode item spawning.
Once he finds the code, splitting the gui would be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.