Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Testing Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Yeah, I actually really like Spout now, especially the ability to talk for more tha

n one minecraft speech bubble.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
So, spout is pretty neat. Few things I don't like about it though.

The in Spout Fly is... odd. You glide, I dis like that. Makes it hard to control.
Texture Packs. I have duplicates, and for some reason not even half of them work though I've placed them in the spout texture pack folder.
Lag.

For some reason, though I'm the only account on this laptop, I can not set high priority on the Javaw.exe process that spout runs. I get a permissions error, so the whole thing lags for me, and freezes like it's about to crash. Anyone know a work around for that?

S

Stevey

Sadly enough the backpack plugin stopped working wit hthe last update, and the developer doesnt have time to work on it :(

Steelcryo

King of the north!
You're duplicate texture packs will be the ones you have in your .minecraft folder and the ones you've downloaded from the server. I got that first time round, no idea how they moved from .minecraft to spoutcraft though :S

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
You're duplicate texture packs will be the ones you have in your .minecraft folder and the ones you've downloaded from the server. I got that first time round, no idea how they moved from .minecraft to spoutcraft though :S
I placed them in Spoutcraft, per Lars' instructions when i said "le gasp, my texture packs don't work!" So now there's duplicates... Spout is crap. I can't get it to run properly at all. :<

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I have a feeling that Spout lists any texture packs in the MC folder as well as in it's own folder but only after you've loaded it for the first time.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Yeah, when i first loaded it, the folder itself was empty, but the texture packs were listed in game. I copied them to the folder and now its all weird.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
If in doubt, make a backup of your .minecraft folder (just make a zip or something) then delete EVERYTHING.

Get rid of minecraft and spoutcraft then reinstall both fresh. Then launch spoutcraft and see how it works. If its fine, then try replacing your .minecraft with your old files and see what happens.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Tried running default, but it doesnt like me apparently.
There is no texture, everything was just solid white

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Until I can figure out why I don't have access to the Priorities of Spout, I won't be using it... it crashes too often. :<

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Priorities of spout?

Wut?

Also try running it as admin, no idea why it helps but some people have been reporting that as a crash fix.

Either that or buy a better pc. You've been working enough that you should have the money for one :p Even without a promotion.

*runs before squee reads this and beats the crap out of me for bringing that up*

Status
Not open for further replies.