Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Testing Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth_Eden

Hollows Explorer
I actually really like the idea of spout! The only problem is that it may not work for some people.
If it isn't working for you, more than likely it isn't spout. it may be somthing conflicting with it. it may be your computer. but if you don't like it just because it won't work, maybe you should spend more time figuring out what may be conflicting. people will be here to help :)
From what i know, Akuma is really good with this stuff! I want to see everyone who is playing now, playing later if spout is made mandatory! :)

Also, if spout is added, the potential is enormous! I would love to see blocks that look like pillars, maybe some different types of wood, and stuff what will add to the creativity of buildings :)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Yes, with spout we plan on adding custom blocks to the game, things like different colors of wood planks, pillars hopefully, an iron bar texture that looks like chains etc etc

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
I've got spout to work easy, went on, adjusted the settings and all that. But really my computer is back to the stage it was at when minecraft was 1.3/4. Really laggy no matter what I do. At the moment it's on tiny render distance with no special things at all, all graphics options are disengaged.

I'm not too fond of this as it really does impinge on game play. I appreciate you could have a pillar block or, different coloured planks, or different textures for what you think will look good through spout.

But to be honest, I'd much rather be able to play the game well, than have some extra's such as that. I was really enjoying myself as well. I'd gotten my normal minecraft to run amazingly with optifine and can play on normal render if I want. But now with spout it isn't very good at all. :(

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
I saw someone mention that spout doesn't work with other mods. Is this true? I can't check this for myself from my phone. :(

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Ok guys, when you download the spout client, it acts as its own client, you start it as your own client.
it then takes the files it needs from mincraft.jar and merges them with the spout client.
Its really an entirely different game, that just happens to use the minecraft jar.
This means that any mods in the MC jar wont be picked up by the spout client.
And the spout client only supports certain mods.
So yes, for all intents and purposes it wont support your mods, which is why we have to use spoutflight.

I got it to run super easy, litterally i just downloaded and ran it.
Now i have an utter shit PC, but it only lags a marginial amount more than normal.

Spout will add huge amounts of new features, not only new blocks.
Remember all those mods that you ssaid "Wow i wish my server had this, its awesome. Too bad its cleint-side." Well spout ends this. Since spout automatically edits the client, it doesnt matter.
This means we can add to the game that which isnt actually in the game. Up to this point, server side mods are simply an exploitation of existing coding, almost like a glitch.

Spout allows us to write our own code. Which means that we can now create totally new and interactive GUI,s add blocks, heck we could make it so that the player can make a legit chair look like he is actually sitting in it. Or we could add totally new fighting dynamics that make fighting with swords more than just mashing the mouse button.

Spout will almost certainly be going into the game, and i certainly hope it stays.
Now i understand that is has bad flymod, and that it makes some people lag, but what we will gain will ultimately be worth the small inconveniences.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
No, I don't agree. All that extra content is all very well, but I can't imagine it being any fun when I can only ever see around 20 blocks in front of me. I'd prefer minecraft as minecraft.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
There are ways to boost your performance padawan.
Make shall i a thread you for.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Last Question, since most mods aren't Spout Friendly, can I still play Minecraft without using spout? i.e. Using the mods I have downloaded without having to swap out folders all the time while still leaving spout installed? I'm no longer the only one using my machine to play the game, and my sister is quite fond of some mods that I found and had to take FOREVER AND A DAY to get to work properly with each other.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I think so Queeny, when I installed Spoutcraft (using the updater tool you can get - which is ace) it installs to a different location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\.spoutcraft

It's got all the minecraft.jar files etc in there so I think it's using those ones instead of the modded ones in the minecraft folder. It also has separate folder for the texture packs etc.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
I'll look into installing it tomorrow, er well... later today then. I've finally got a day off and I can lurk about like I ought to. It just took me ages to get Mo Creaters, Tale of Kingdoms, and Twilight Forest to work all together. lol.

Megan

Sorrows Warrior
im just waiting and hoping the "mod support" mojang has been promising will make spout null. I love my cat climbing mod too much.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
I'll look into installing it tomorrow, er well... later today then. I've finally got a day off and I can lurk about like I ought to. It just took me ages to get Mo Creaters, Tale of Kingdoms, and Twilight Forest to work all together. lol.
Tale of Kingdoms? What's that? (Off topic, but it sound's cool)

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Found it through Inthelittlewood's Mod Spotlight stuff. It's actually pretty neat, but really early stages right now.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/656861-181tale-of-kingdoms-ver-105/

It starts with a guild that you have to impress by killing an asston of mobs. Like, seriously ass ton. It has an in game currency, blacksmith, tavern, and food seller. Apparently if you kill enough mobs, and become king, you can start your own city at least 200 blocks away from the guild you start at.

You can also hire 'hunters' to follow you around and help you kill things, and they swap between sword and bow. Damn useful against Mo Creature's Ogres. xD

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Found it through Inthelittlewood's Mod Spotlight stuff. It's actually pretty neat, but really early stages right now.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/656861-181tale-of-kingdoms-ver-105/

It starts with a guild that you have to impress by killing an asston of mobs. Like, seriously ass ton. It has an in game currency, blacksmith, tavern, and food seller. Apparently if you kill enough mobs, and become king, you can start your own city at least 200 blocks away from the guild you start at.

You can also hire 'hunters' to follow you around and help you kill things, and they swap between sword and bow. Damn useful against Mo Creature's Ogres. xD
Inthelittlewood :D Ooooohh is that the name of the mod? :rolleyes: I couldn't remember what he said XD

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
His Lets Play's are great. I stalk his channel when I'm at work and watch his vids. Couple Tale of Kingdoms with Twilight Forest and you have one hell of an adventure before you.

Status
Not open for further replies.