Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Testing Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Yes squee, since spout uses its own jar, you can still play MC with mods, just wont be able to get on server.
So now, Spout is my multiplayer game, and MC is my singleplayer game

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Spout isn't forced and might never be, so you could have both versions and simply flick between them depending on whether you wanted the spout options or not in game.

SanchezNI

Lord of Altera
So about spout (hehe), I take back what I said previously, it's simplicity is awesome :D

I fell foul of the Microsoft "Let's hold your hand through every little thing you do" problem and didn't run spoutcraft as administrator, leading to it not allowing it to write anything in the %appdata% area.

Problem solved thanks to the vid Lars posted and I'm impressed with spout. No lag, flying in it is perfectly fine and a tonne of graphics options to play with (akin to OptiFine) if your PC is struggling.

Great stuff!

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Spout isn't forced and might never be, so you could have both versions and simply flick between them depending on whether you wanted the spout options or not in game.
If I can bounce back and forth, I'm good. I just didn't want to undo all the mods I had.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I know how you feel, I backed up my MC folder before installing spout just in case as I'd heard it doesn't like other mods very much. They seem to happily run side by side though :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
No, although you'll miss out on a lot of the new addons for the server when we're adding them.

S

Stevey

You don't need to, but as more and more features will be added people will want to use it. Especially when it becomes more stable.

Some of the things we will have soon:
Custom blocks
Custom items
Backpack (larger inventory)

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
A little off topic, but does anybody know where to download a perfectly clean .jar file for MineCraft? I just want to install the Mod's I'm interested in atm, 'cause seriously, mine's a mess. I had nearly 20 mod's installed at once, and like 4 of them where several in one ;)

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
You don't need to, but as more and more features will be added people will want to use it. Especially when it becomes more stable.

Some of the things we will have soon:
Custom blocks
Custom items
Backpack (larger inventory)
I don't suppose it would be possible to add something like Mo' creatures?

S

Stevey

I don't suppose it would be possible to add something like Mo' creatures?
It's theoratically possible, just no plugin/mod that does it at the moment. Though we will only be adding things that actually add towards our goal as a server.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
A little off topic, but does anybody know where to download a perfectly clean .jar file for MineCraft? I just want to install the Mod's I'm interested in atm, 'cause seriously, mine's a mess. I had nearly 20 mod's installed at once, and like 4 of them where several in one ;)
When you start the minecraft client before clicking "login" simply click "options" and force update. It'll redownload a clean version. Make a backup of the existing one first though, just in case you can't get them working again!

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
It's theoratically possible, just no plugin/mod that does it at the moment. Though we will only be adding things that actually add towards our goal as a server.
Ah okay, And personally I think that this would add several important element's to the server, aslong as you could, say, choose which Mob's are allowed spawn
When you start the minecraft client before clicking "login" simply click "options" and force update. It'll redownload a clean version. Make a backup of the existing one first though, just in case you can't get them working again!
Really? I thought it just re-added the Meta-Inf folder (which you don't need to delete apparently, just re-name " dog meat" [I'm not joking]) and updated the current MC files

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I like the mo'creatures mod, I'll pester Lars about it :p he'll figure out how to do it!

I usually just delete the files to be honest Shadow, literally everything in the folder except lastlogin, minecraft.exe and sometimes the screenshot folder when I want to do a clean install ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.