Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The King is Merciful [IC Letter and Public Notice]

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
If the character has proper motivation to kill you, such as seeing your name on a list that basically says "These are the people that want to kind of kill you", he has all the right to fight and/or attempt to murder you, consent or not. Not consenting despite there being proper motivation for one character to attack the other, I think consent is more or less overruled. I'm not staff so I cannot say for certain, but that is my idea.

And, if it matters- I was also told by some that , for certain unnamed individuals, it worked out by just going to Peter and going "yo, m8 i didnt fight at breakwater and i never wanted name on that list. we cool fam? aaaight we cool". Can try that instead of OOC'ly discussing it first.

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
The issue lies in the fact the reasons Borgan name is on the list was because the smithing guild was put on. Due to an ooc error that has since been voided. However for some reason she has been put back on the list despite her opinion on the war being 'no one's paying me so I'm not fighting.'

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
If the character has proper motivation to kill you, such as seeing your name on a list that basically says "These are the people that want to kind of kill you", he has all the right to fight and/or attempt to murder you, consent or not. Not consenting despite there being proper motivation for one character to attack the other, I think consent is more or less overruled. I'm not staff so I cannot say for certain, but that is my idea.
Consent rules are not there as a buffer to stop people from killing you without reasoning. It's a ruleset for people who don't want to participate in violent role play.

Thus consent is only assumed in violent regions or when someone starts violent or antagonistic actions first. That is what the rules state. There are no exceptions, even in the case you describe here of someone having motivation. Nobody ever has all the right to kill someone else's character unless consent is given.

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Consent rules are not there as a buffer to stop people from killing you without reasoning. It's a ruleset for people who don't want to participate in violent role play.

Thus consent is only assumed in violent regions or when someone starts violent or antagonistic actions first. That is what the rules state. There are no exceptions, even in the case you describe here of someone having motivation. Nobody ever has all the right to kill someone else's character unless consent is given.
Especially when the char ICly doesn't even know about his/her name being used in a letter like the one the Coalition had sent, thus being unable to tell the "offended" party that it was a mistake.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Will talk to staff about the OOC errors being brought IC (Borgan, I believe). Pad, no need for that response. He's only trying to help clear things up when theres obvious confusion.
Lets not continue this for right now, I'll get a more in depth response when Ive spoken to a few people and I'm not half asleep.

Edit: Or I'll let Cap remove Borgan as he's stated previously that the Blacksmithing guild was removed. He's not had chance to reply so far so lets give him a bit.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Will talk to staff about the OOC errors being brought IC (Brogan, I believe). Pad, no need for that response. He's only trying to help clear things up when theres obvious confusion.
Lets not continue this for right now, I'll get a more in depth response when Ive spoken to a few people and I'm not half asleep.
I'm just trying to help clear the confusion. The rules are written pretty clear cut, so no staff have to be involved to clear up the confusion...

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
Will talk to staff about the OOC errors being brought IC (Borgan, I believe). Pad, no need for that response. He's only trying to help clear things up when theres obvious confusion.

Edit: Or I'll let Cap remove Borgan as he's stated previously that the Blacksmithing guild was removed. He's not had chance to reply so far so lets give him a bit.
Thank you. It's just you can see,even in this thread the smithing guild members being striken from the list because of the ooc mishap. (Borgan isn't even listed as the correct title or gender)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'm just trying to help clear the confusion. The rules are written pretty clear cut, so no staff have to be involved to clear up the confusion...
I'm aware you're also trying to help, and thankyou, I'm just reading "I assume you've read these before right?" as a bit condescending where perhaps you didnt mean to be. I've edited my other post - I think Cap needs a moment to respond and issues can get cleared. As for the consent side of things, I'm waiting for staff to wake up and help me there.

Thank you. It's just you can see,even in this thread the smithing guild members being striken from the list because of the ooc mishap. (Borgan isn't even listed as the correct title or gender)
Yeah, I noticed on the previous page, so I'm currently assuming Cap's just added it in and not noticed. Again, won't know until he responds for himself but I'm sure we can sort any issues. :)

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
'cap needs a moment to respond'

yea because he was asleep

the welcome to consent is because lannis approved that declaring war = consent

sorry boys

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Cap but is Borgan remaining on the list, eventhough all other Blacksmithing Guild members were removed?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Cap but is Borgan remaining on the list, eventhough all other Blacksmithing Guild members were removed?
considering borgan probably hasn't even met archaeus and got added by accident i'm pretty sure they don't belong there

i was gonna remove dayter but deash said keep him on the list for the memes

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
'cap needs a moment to respond'

yea because he was asleep

the welcome to consent is because lannis approved that declaring war = consent

sorry boys
Well that doesn't seem right. Has there been an exception made for this war or were the rules changed and the threads just not updated? Lannis

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Well that doesn't seem right. Has there been an exception made for this war or were the rules changed and the threads just not updated? Lannis
lannis said so over skype

he'll confirm

elz can confirm too as she's in the chat where he said it

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
...I'm sorry, what?

How can declaring war on someone not include consent to rebuttal automatically?
It does grant consent concerning the ones declaring the war. Innocent bystanders, not so much.
Hence why Padragin asked

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Ok guys we should calm down a bit here. If we want to talk consent, leave it to RP. We already decided that Borgan isn't on the list so yeah. :p

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Ok guys we should calm down a bit here. If we want to talk consent, leave it to RP. We already decided that Borgan isn't on the list so yeah. :p
While I agree on calming down consent is an OOC concern...you can't really leave OOC things to...RP.

Though Blackmsith guild is out Cap said so only other person left is Deash who said he's fine with it. Vevila is dead. Is there anyone that is in there that shouldn't be?