Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The King is Merciful [IC Letter and Public Notice]

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
It does grant consent concerning the ones declaring the war. Innocent bystanders, not so much.
Hence why Padragin asked
Innocent civilians are impacted on both sides in a war. If folks aren't living in a peaceful region, that's what happens. If your /leadership/ declared a war you want no part of, depose of your leadership or pack your stuff and get out of the country therein.

I can't remotely see how they cannot unilaterally declare their own offense after being attacked and having a city besieged, your logic works both ways.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
It's war. People die. Innocence unfortunately does not render one immune to death, especially when that innocence is effaced by guilt by association.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Wow this thread came back to life aggressively.

But it's cool to see all the people who realize how everything should work based on logic. Life is good.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Innocent civilians are impacted on both sides in a war. If folks aren't living in a peaceful region, that's what happens. If your /leadership/ declared a war you want no part of, depose of your leadership or pack your stuff and get out of the country therein.

I can't remotely see how they cannot unilaterally declare their own offense after being attacked and having a city besieged, your logic works both ways.
"Innocent bystanders" referring to people that live somewhere that's not involved in the war whatsoever.
As said before, the regions involved in the war auto-consent to having their regions and members being attacked.
I'm talking about something along the lines of:
Country A, without any other countries being involved, decides to war Country B.
Country B decides to destroy Country C for no particular reason other than "Country A attacked us, eventhough you were not involved whatsoever."
Note: not saying this is actually going on or anything, this is merely the thing I've been saying/referring to previously.

Obviously, those that are actively or passively involved in the war without moving away from the war zone risks being killed as retaliation.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
"Innocent bystanders" referring to people that live somewhere that's not involved in the war whatsoever.
As said before, the regions involved in the war auto-consent to having their regions and members being attacked.
I'm talking about something along the lines of:
Country A, without any other countries being involved, decides to war Country B.
Country B decides to destroy Country C for no particular reason other than "Country A attacked us, eventhough you were not involved whatsoever."
Note: not saying this is actually going on or anything, this is merely the thing I've been saying/referring to previously.

Obviously, those that are actively or passively involved in the war without moving away from the war zone risks being killed as retaliation.
As far as I know, no one from an unrelated region/area is being attacked? So it's rather confusing when you try to make that point, even though it's not actually happening.

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
considering borgan probably hasn't even met archaeus and got added by accident i'm pretty sure they don't belong there

i was gonna remove dayter but deash said keep him on the list for the memes
Has been removed, Cap removed Borgan but didnt announce that he did. :p
Just liked to thank you both! Didnt mean to kick up a stink but its pretty hard to get Borgan to back a cause without a heavy pocket.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
As far as I know, no one from an unrelated region/area is being attacked? So it's rather confusing when you try to make that point, even though it's not actually happening.
Borgan Anguta was listed as Blacksmithing Guild.
I don't remember the Blacksmithing Guild or the Cerridwen family being at the Siege or being involved in the war whatsoever.
That's what I'm saying.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Borgan Anguta was listed as Blacksmithing Guild.
I don't remember the Blacksmithing Guild being at the Siege or being involved in the war whatsoever.
That's what I'm saying.
That's been an issue that was around since the original thread that Glados made. Cap even said something along the lines that he had copy and pasted the exact list from Glados' thread. Plus- he removed Borgan from the list after waking up to find the thread was swamped with people arguing about it.

Small things that can be solved by just making a single post that asks someone to remove a person because they're not supposed to be there should be easy, I'd have thought. Clearly this thread went ahead and proved that to be wrong. Life is not good

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
That's been an issue that was around since the original thread that Glados made. Cap even said something along the lines that he had copy and pasted the exact list from Glados' thread. Plus- he removed Borgan from the list after waking up to find the thread was swamped with people arguing about it.

Small things that can be solved by just making a single post that asks someone to remove a person because they're not supposed to be there should be easy, I'd have thought. Clearly this thread went ahead and proved that to be wrong. Life is not good
I did just that, kindly pointing it out because Bakaling asked me to do that while he was getting on. Then people happened to remark "Oh hey, it should not matter seeing as innocents tend to get hurt during wars."

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Alright folks,

In the interest of saving ourselves from becoming jerky with all this salt, I'd suggest the afflicted parties take this to pm and tag staff members if necessary.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
As far as I know, the issue was that Borgan was listed.
Borgan is no longer listed. If anyone on the list has concerns, PM me or another staff member. There has been ample time for things to be discussed with Cap and from what I'm seeing this was the only issue and has now been resolved.

Don't let this unravel into something it doesnt need to be, please.

edit: i keep getting distracted and sniped damnit

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
...I'm sorry, what?

How can declaring war on someone not include consent to rebuttal automatically?
Woah what.

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I'm not stating that someone who declares war shouldn't have to consent. I'm stating that when you declare war on someone else, you have to have a OOC discussion with them before you start murdering and pillaging and assuming they consent to everything you do. Which the rules state you have to do. I posted the thread stating this rule on the last page.

In this context, two people have started a war, and someone started listing people who aren't even part of the war as a scare tactic. When the side being threatened got this, they went to tell everyone on the list (even people who had no part in it) to apologize. The issue is that it seems to be stated that people who weren't on either side of the war, are now being forced to oocly consent to death and violence from people in the war, because someone made a letter that had false information.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
That's completely false lmao. We've said time and time again 'If you're on the list unjustly, let us know OOC and we'll handle it."

There was one wrong person on the list and it got handled literally as soon as Cap woke up. There was 0 reason to even start this argument.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
That's completely false lmao. We've said time and time again 'If you're on the list unjustly, let us know OOC and we'll handle it."

There was one wrong person on the list and it got handled literally as soon as Cap woke up. There was 0 reason to even start this argument.
I didn't even start the argument. Cap went ahead and said people consent, when there were /still/ people on the list who had zero participation in the war.

You can't just force people to consent to your actions because they didn't follow unwritten rules about contacting you in order to avoid consent, which doesn't even make sense. You just cannot assume consent from someone unless they are in a violent region, or have attacked first. In the case of SEVERAL people on this list, they have done neither, and you are telling me they now all consent to death because they didn't want to RP begging for forgiveness or try to tell Glados he OOCly can't put their name on a IC list?

It should be sorted out like this. You ask people if they were a part of the war, or if they consent, and then add them to the consent list. Rather than assuming that everyone on a random IC list OOCly consents to whatever you want to do to their characters.

I've stated this argument very clearly several times and people are still somehow misinterpreting it, as well as how consent and region rules even work on the server. It's starting to frustrate me.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Aight, quit it now. I really dont want to have to go deleting posts again, nor locking threads because things have gotten out of hand.

If anyone has an issue being on the list, PM a staff member and it'll be addressed. Enough.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Just observing from the outside, but it's the same person consistently attacking the same group and causing drama on multiple threads and I'm beginning to get annoyed because there was the possibility of having an interesting debate on the specific lengths rebuttal can have.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Alright folks,

In the interest of saving ourselves from becoming jerky with all this salt, I'd suggest the afflicted parties take this to pm and tag staff members if necessary.
As far as I know, the issue was that Borgan was listed.
Borgan is no longer listed. If anyone on the list has concerns, PM me or another staff member. There has been ample time for things to be discussed with Cap and from what I'm seeing this was the only issue and has now been resolved.

Don't let this unravel into something it doesnt need to be, please.

edit: i keep getting distracted and sniped damnit
Aight, quit it now. I really dont want to have to go deleting posts again, nor locking threads because things have gotten out of hand.

If anyone has an issue being on the list, PM a staff member and it'll be addressed. Enough.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
It's been requested to keep this conversation in forum threads with staff members several times. This is the last time we'll request this. I'm tempted to lock the thread for an hour, so please do hold off on your responses and send them to a Convo.

On the matter of those on the list who were not a part of the war and have never been, please contact us Staff (Edit: Or Cap and Rygan) so we can get about removing you from the list in the same manner as the Brogan character. In regards to consent- those part of the War on both sides know that actions and words come with consequences. I understand your concerns, Padragrin, but on the matter of "War", the consent rules for that are subject to violent on both sides. It comes with the theme.

Again, if you have no part of this war, please contact staff so we can remove you from this list once and for all.

Last edited: