Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New race?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Nakam! Nakam!
*Writes it down*
To make it even more confusing, we've thrown Nakat into the mix!

( "Oh, look at all those Nakam! See how many of them there are? There certainly isn't just one of them!"
"Oh, look at that lonesome Nakat! He's totally alone! Just the one! The single Nakat!" )

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Nakam.

May I reiterate?
This already exists.
Check the lore. Check the Denziens of Altera. They're called "skin-changers".
Where would I find that section?

Because I'm pretty sure fox-wolf furries aren't a listed race and these clearly are not
lycanthropes.
So I'm interested to see where it allows fox-wolf people.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Just as I thought, you are wrong.

Fitz said:
skinchangers (shape changing beast men)
>Shape changing

This is no lycanthrope "race" but just simply beastmen, therefore these are not Skinchangers.
Which I assume were named such as this "changed skin" by shifting from humaniod to beast form e.g. Werewolves

W

wakerman4

Ah-ha!
When everyone hears the word 'Wolf man' everyone thinks of 'Werewolf'.
Bah, when you hear of 'Cat man' people think 'A cat with a mans body' or 'Kajjitt (Elder scrolls).

Good call, Leo!

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Just as I thought, you are wrong.

>Shape changing

This is no lycanthrope "race" but just simply beastmen, therefore these are not Skinchangers.
Which I assume were named such as this "changed skin" by shifting from humaniod to beast form e.g. Werewolves

Oh feh, I assumed that ones who change shape into animals would be lumped into the same catagory, a catagory which already existed.

My bad- Sorry for any annoyance I might've caused.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I just came up with this compromise:
  1. Change the history so it's a real race instead of a disorder/trait/whatever.
  2. Make it so instead of shifting into a fox-wolf thing, the character is a fox-wolf thing, like a Nakat is always a cat, and there is no shifting involved.
  3. Make it a recently-evolved/created race or whatever so it doesn't cause a massive change in the lore.
  4. Give it a little time to wait, like maybe, when the history/lore stuff is finished, this can be reconsidered. In fact, I think I just heard a term for this in civics... pigeonhole it.
Seems like this would make everyone happy, reading the posts that have been made arguing that it is a trait that isn't allowed in the server lore, that it is too early on to be adding in new creatures, that it is the same as a lycanthrope, and that it would mess with the lore too much.

At the same time, I'm not a mod/admin, so I don't have any real say that counts.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
The Ko (K-oh), A bipedial k9 race, who're infamous for being somewhat dim-witted and violent.
In reality, these lumbering forest creatures stay within packs of up to 15 or so. While they do not have established "villages", the Ko inhabit reconstructible yurts, and are mostly a migratory people.
Their language consists more of gestures and body language than it does actual speaking, though their spoken language is usually a mix of very soft-toned words.
While some Ko are able to speak english, they do so in a very choppy fashion, and are often misunderstood as being dim.
While Ko can be said to be slightly stronger than an average human, many lack decision making skills, and find it difficult to act on their own will. Because of this, many non-alpha Ko will seek "Friends", or leaders, to make decisions for them.
Because of their weak sense of self, many will be taken as slaves or pets, though the Ko will simply believe they are being a helpful friend.
Yes, most native Ko will be overly cautious of a human entering their lands, however, no pack of Ko has ever been known to attack without being provoked.
Much like their wolven cousins, the Ko will often chose fleeing over confrontation.
Their pack leadership consists of an alpha male and female, who's leading strategies can vary from submissive to more militant.

Average height: Around an average of 6'4"
Average build: Very lean, and naturally muscular.

Additional information:
While people find it hard to tell the difference between male and Female in Nakam, Ko are often very straightforward in their appearence, having male and female human-like aspects, respectively. (Breasts and wide hips for females. Broad shoulders, semi-extra-muscular build, and external reproductive organs for males)
Ko wear clothes constructed of simple leather, but are sometimes known to adopt more sophisticated clothing.

While Ko and Nakam relations have never been completely peaceful, both parties would put aside their differences to fight against a common foe. Some suspect this is because of their fur, the two species feel some sort of affinity towards each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, just try to follow this, and hopefully people will be happy with the fact that you've some form of proper background to hold onto :3

However, as I am not a part of the lore team, and this is NOT official lore, please offer no resistance against admins should they request you to change your character.

Hope this helps somewhat~!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
At this point in time, we are not accepting any new races.
In fact, we are going to begin the process of tightening down on official races.
(dont worry, Nakam are established enough to be acceptable.)

If, at some point in the future, this were to come under consideration again, it would require a more comprehensive backstory. An entire race of people could not have spawned from a single family, not to mention that there are implications of diminishing returns for each prospective generation.
It would require a backstory explaining its presence in altera on a larger scale.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
The Ko (K-oh), A bipedial k9 race, who're infamous for being somewhat dim-witted and violent.
In reality, these lumbering forest creatures stay within packs of up to 15 or so. While they do not have established "villages", the Ko inhabit reconstructible yurts, and are mostly a migratory people.
Their language consists more of gestures and body language than it does actual speaking, though their spoken language is usually a mix of very soft-toned words.
While some Ko are able to speak english, they do so in a very choppy fashion, and are often misunderstood as being dim.
While Ko can be said to be slightly stronger than an average human, many lack decision making skills, and find it difficult to act on their own will. Because of this, many non-alpha Ko will seek "Friends", or leaders, to make decisions for them.
Because of their weak sense of self, many will be taken as slaves or pets, though the Ko will simply believe they are being a helpful friend.
Yes, most native Ko will be overly cautious of a human entering their lands, however, no pack of Ko has ever been known to attack without being provoked.
Much like their wolven cousins, the Ko will often chose fleeing over confrontation.
Their pack leadership consists of an alpha male and female, who's leading strategies can vary from submissive to more militant.

Average height: Around an average of 6'4"
Average build: Very lean, and naturally muscular.

Additional information:
While people find it hard to tell the difference between male and Female in Nakam, Ko are often very straightforward in their appearence, having male and female human-like aspects, respectively. (Breasts and wide hips for females. Broad shoulders, semi-extra-muscular build, and external reproductive organs for males)
Ko wear clothes constructed of simple leather, but are sometimes known to adopt more sophisticated clothing.

While Ko and Nakam relations have never been completely peaceful, both parties would put aside their differences to fight against a common foe. Some suspect this is because of their fur, the two species feel some sort of affinity towards each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, just try to follow this, and hopefully people will be happy with the fact that you've some form of proper background to hold onto :3

However, as I am not a part of the lore team, and this is NOT official lore, please offer no resistance against admins should they request you to change your character.

Hope this helps somewhat~!

I really want a pet Ko now, I promice I'll treat them well. :)