Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Oct 9th] The Priest Gathering

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The Priest Gathering

When: Friday, October 9th @ 5pm EST
Where: The Grand Shrines

[OOC Note: This is an open letter that is hanging on message boards in several places.]

To the Devout and the Pious of the Northern Kingdoms,

The Pantheon have gone silent and as such, the Unease of the past forgotten. Our crops have returned to full yield and the wind no longer unsettles the trees. Their quiet has given us peace, yet do not mistake their absence as permission to abandon our faiths. We must remain steadfast in our prayer and spread the doctrines of the Gods. The Divine Law must be upheld, as the magnanimous Inquisition has taken it upon themselves to do so.

But the Inquisition's methods have been called into question. Many fear their heavy hand, as there is little understanding of the true meaning of the Divine Law; the doctrines uncertain to the faithless. In four days time, may the Devout of the Kingdom's gather. May the priests and priestesses meet upon the steps of Grand Shrines to remind the masses that the Pantheon still watch over us, and it is through prayer and devotion that we see their works.

Priests that see fit shall give sermons in their shrines. Religious figures and acolytes alike are welcome to give words to any that wish to come and pay homage to the Pantheon. May the flock return home to hear their priests' divinely inspired words.

Heed the Divine law.

OOC Chatter:
Feel free to ask any questions below, though I may choose to be vague in answers. But anyway- Letter's pretty straight forward in intention.

This is a full an open invitation for Priests and Priestesses to prepare a sermon for their chosen Divine. This is fully up to the players to participate in or not. All characters welcome to come and listen to sermons.

Sermon Schedule (Reply to sign up for a slot!)
By the looks of the replies, there are a LOT of folks interested. To make things easier to coordinate, please read the following:

If your character considers themselves a priest and want to give a short sermon to one of the Divines, reply claiming a spot. Such as, "My character Bob claims The Grey Lady's first sermon spot!" I'll then edit it into the sheet. RP will likely have it's own flow, but this is at least some indication of who is having a sermon when.

The Grey Lady
1. Ailil @CthulhuPeople
2. ________

Korog
1. ________
2. ________

Silas
1. Sif Sigurd @The Courier
2. ________

Theodra
1. Somnastra @Somnastra
2. Padragin @Padragin

Ignis Synnove
1. Yence @Michcat
2. Selene @Elz

Jishrim
1. Rose @Firegirl
2. ________

Crusade
1. Murdoc @Kyle1322
2. ________

Jax
1. Eudo @Glados
2. ________

Shalherana
1. ________
2. ________

Visage
1. ________
2. ________

Sallana
1. ________
2. ________

Vermella
1. ________
2. ________

Skraag
1. ________
2. ________

Rahas
1. ________
2. ________

Other

1. Aleksei @blargtheawesome

This event will have quite a few people crammed into the shrines. Likely multiple sermons going on at once. I'm asking now that OOC chatting be doing in local or in private channels. This is to make sure the chat doesn't get too cluttered. Feel free to move the sermons to the area outside of the shrine if you want to clear up some of the chat lag. This is event is entirely player run by priests who want to participate, so how it goes depends on you guys. :)

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Also occurs to me that this might be a bit last minute for some folks. If doing it next week instead works better, feel free to comment below!

Ali

Lord of Altera
I don't care if I'm seen as heretical, I'm going, 12 year old Nyhllis will be there in her travel clothes, visiting home.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
It occurs to me that there are currently no priests left for Theodra, unless Ced reappears.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Wouldn't lead Ranger(s) count as one? Not a traditional robe and prayer kind but fitting for what Theodra teaches.
There has traditionally been a priest of Theodra in the Rangers, yes. Perhaps Som should show~

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Lolno.

Should be fun though, unless you'd rather avoid drama, in which case I can have Pad leave/not show up.
Can't do anything since it's at the Grand Shrines anyways. Divine Protection means things would be A-Okay.