Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Mantle doesnt meddle with that spell because it gets complicated. All deaths through these spells of the brotherhood count in the 'how many deaths' system.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
SHIELD OF FAITH I
Divine
: Valiant.
Tier: 1
Action: Prayer.
Cost: 1SP
Duration: One day.
Spell: The caster wards themselves for the rest of the day, enabling them to lift an arm as if holding a physical shield to deflect one physical blow, blue lightning arcing in the form of a shield before fading away. Cannot exceed the force of the average Earthspawn using a weapon. Can only be used once per day.
I remember that the pre-rework version of this spell specified that it took the whole action, so it couldn't be used along with a counterattack in the same turn. That clause isn't there anymore; was that intentional?

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
with god relations, is there any intention for them to be influenced via cults?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
with god relations, is there any intention for them to be influenced via cults?
Any aspect of a god can be influenced by a cult. Pending how antithetical to the deity or worldchanging it would be determines how impressive the cult has to be to work.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
[ The Ecclesiarchy ]
This group of individuals are responsible for preserving order within the Cathedral and are able to arrest individuals within it and place them in holding cells to await the outcome of a trial. If a majority vote to release them, they will be, but otherwise, they will be sent to the authorities of which settlement they have offended. Only grievous acts against common humanity are considered, such as murder, torture, or kidnapping.
From [x].

I like the idea of a group that can act within the cathedral however, I have concerns regarding its current position. I don't believe it makes any thematic sense from a neutral divine grounds perspective. By allowing the "Ecclesiarchy" to act in this way, the wider pantheon is giving permission for the persecution of followers of Jishrim and Skraag - Gods who often praise their followers if they commit these "grievous acts", and have in the past asked for such deeds to occur in their name - /within/ the cathedral for deeds they did outside.

If this is indeed true, then the Pantheon is breaking the neutrality of the region and is using the "Ecclesiarchy" to attack Jishrim and Skraag directly - by impeding the access of their followers to grow their faith within the Cathedral and to offer offerings in the case one desires to become blessed. I think it's pretty telling as to the motivations behind adding this organization when the following is said in its description that its members can "hold the unique ability to arrest individuals within these grounds for great acts of evil."

It's an attack on Jishrim and Skraag from the rest of the Pantheon.

If this region were to be truly neutral- I do not believe that any follower of any God should be able to act upon the other negatively. I believe that such a region should be truly open to all faiths- so that worshippers can openly discuss faith and differences in doctrine. Perhaps this Ecclesiarchy should instead be focused upon the eradication of heresy - the lack of worship of Gods or the worship of other beings (like Magic?). This would make far more sense - and I believe the whole pantheon could get behind that instead of turning upon two of the strongest gods within its ranks.

Can I get a bit of insight into why such an organization, in how it is currently written up, was thought to be needed?

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
id rather not have a neutral ground and have multiple churches of like minded gods than have a zone where no one can do anything to murderers

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
From [x].

I like the idea of a group that can act within the cathedral however, I have concerns regarding its current position. I don't believe it makes any thematic sense from a neutral divine grounds perspective. By allowing the "Ecclesiarchy" to act in this way, the wider pantheon is giving permission for the persecution of followers of Jishrim and Skraag - Gods who often praise their followers if they commit these "grievous acts", and have in the past asked for such deeds to occur in their name - /within/ the cathedral for deeds they did outside.

If this is indeed true, then the Pantheon is breaking the neutrality of the region and is using the "Ecclesiarchy" to attack Jishrim and Skraag directly - by impeding the access of their followers to grow their faith within the Cathedral and to offer offerings in the case one desires to become blessed. I think it's pretty telling as to the motivations behind adding this organization when the following is said in its description that its members can "hold the unique ability to arrest individuals within these grounds for great acts of evil."

If this region were to be truly neutral- I do not believe that any follower of any God should be able to act upon the other negatively. I believe that such a region should be truly open to all faiths- so that worshippers can openly discuss faith and differences in doctrine. Perhaps this Ecclesiarchy should instead be focused upon the eradication of heresy - the lack of worship of Gods or the worship of other beings (like Magic?). This would make far more sense - and I believe the whole pantheon could get behind that instead of turning upon two of the strongest gods within its ranks.

Can I get a bit of insight into why such an organization, in how it is currently written up, was thought to be needed?
What follows is the non-official take from BoredBrit. Elz will write up a proper response later.

The Pantheon's Neutrality is already shattered. That much has been proven the moment that Jishrim upset the balance and took Life from another God. This has been responded to by the other Gods. That- and the fact that any sort of violence, hysteria and such "grievous acts" are all insulting to this majority of the Pantheon- has caused them to band together and agree that the Cathedral requires a force to prevent this. This is an initiative that is recognised by the majority of the Gods and has been followed through in a lawful, orderly way- to directly counter and balance the excessive chaos of Jishrim's brood.

In this, it allows for everyone to worship, praise and discuss faith freely. It is not a place for violence, pestering other blessed and so on, it is a place for worship and respect to every God. That was not happening. I can assure, though, that this isn't being ignored IC by Jishrim and Skraag- nor are we refusing to consider their reactions. There are things going on and there are things to come that really touch on this whole arc of events. This is one spoke to create the larger wheel and I ask that you be patient about it, because its going to be awesome.

-B r I t

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
From [x].

random note, jishrim legit attacked another god lmao
edit: i did not read brit's post

Last edited:

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
What follows is the non-official take from BoredBrit. Elz will write up a proper response later.

The Pantheon's Neutrality is already shattered. That much has been proven the moment that Jishrim upset the balance and took Life from another God. This has been responded to by the other Gods. That- and the fact that any sort of violence, hysteria and such "grievous acts" are all insulting to this majority of the Pantheon- has caused them to band together and agree that the Cathedral requires a force to prevent this. This is an initiative that is recognised by the majority of the Gods and has been followed through in a lawful, orderly way- to directly counter and balance the excessive chaos of Jishrim's brood.

In this, it allows for everyone to worship, praise and discuss faith freely. It is not a place for violence, pestering other blessed and so on, it is a place for worship and respect to every God. That was not happening. I can assure, though, that this isn't being ignored IC by Jishrim and Skraag- nor are we refusing to consider their reactions. There are things going on and there are things to come that really touch on this whole arc of events. This is one spoke to create the larger wheel and I ask that you be patient about it, because its going to be awesome.

-B r I t
If stealing a mantle is "upsetting the balance" then why is this massive upset on neutrality not occuring against Visage stealing from Jax?

I fully understand where the need for such a thing comes. I don't think anyone believes murderers hiding out in the cathedral to avoid punishment is a good thing. The reasoning here just seems a bit skewed. You can't have a God of Chaos and then be upset that it causes chaos.

The sheer fact we are advertising that the cathedral must remain neutral in a "lawful, orderly way" is more upsetting to the balance than Jishrim stealing Life, in my opinion.

I do believe there needs to be recompense for players who abuse the divine ground system, but creating a police force purely in favour of Order seems like active punishment for any evil follower.

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
If stealing a mantle is "upsetting the balance" then why is this massive upset on neutrality not occuring against Visage stealing from Jax?

I fully understand where the need for such a thing comes. I don't think anyone believes murderers hiding out in the cathedral to avoid punishment is a good thing. The reasoning here just seems a bit skewed. You can't have a God of Chaos and then be upset that it causes chaos.

The sheer fact we are advertising that the cathedral must remain neutral in a "lawful, orderly way" is more upsetting to the balance than Jishrim stealing Life, in my opinion.

I do believe there needs to be recompense for players who abuse the divine ground system, but creating a police force purely in favour of Order seems like active punishment for any evil follower.
part of the thing with jax/visage (i think, again could be completely wrong) is that jax didnt really always have the sea mantle, at least not until recently, so visage taking part of it didn't really mean as much as taking Life, which in reality is like the focal point of Shalherana, it'd be like taking Chaos from Jishrim

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
part of the thing with jax/visage (i think, again could be completely wrong) is that jax didnt really always have the sea mantle, at least not until recently, so visage taking part of it didn't really mean as much as taking Life, which in reality is like the focal point of Shalherana, it'd be like taking Chaos from Jishrim
Ya I was more using it as an example rather than a comparison.

Still, it is a domain same as any other. A better example is, yes, if Jishrim had Chaos taken from it, would we consider the balance so upset that the gods all collaborated against whoever took it?

I want to reiterate that I don't think we shouldn't be looking out for the abuse of the divine grounds, people attacking others or hiding away to avoid punishment. Just that this seems like an unnecessary step, and Brits logic (from the Gods perspective) seems flawed to me

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Ya I was more using it as an example rather than a comparison.

Still, it is a domain same as any other. A better example is, yes, if Jishrim had Chaos taken from it, would we consider the balance so upset that the gods all collaborated against whoever took it?

I want to reiterate that I don't think we shouldn't be looking out for the abuse of the divine grounds, people attacking others or hiding away to avoid punishment. Just that this seems like an unnecessary step, and Brits logic (from the Gods perspective) seems flawed to me
while i cant say as it'd depend on the situation, for your example i'd say more gods than you think would, as it does legitimately disrupt the balance of things. like ignis is all about keeping the order of the world, the current mantles of the gods are included in that, which would of course include chaos with jishrim, if someone conspired to steal chaos, pod at least would be on top of that as well

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
while i cant say as it'd depend on the situation, for your example i'd say more gods than you think would, as it does legitimately disrupt the balance of things. like ignis is all about keeping the order of the world, the current mantles of the gods are included in that, which would of course include chaos with jishrim, if someone conspired to steal chaos, pod at least would be on top of that as well
I feel though this all depends on whether or not the pantheon are still a pantheon and every god is not themselves separate of the whole.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
The lore reasoning is entirely subjective, the reason it’s happening is people are abusing the “safe zone” to avoid consequences. Ultimately you can divine whatever reasoning you want but people were hiding in there after committing crimes. If you want to go worship a dark god after committing a crime, build or find another shrine.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
The lore reasoning is entirely subjective, the reason it’s happening is people are abusing the “safe zone” to avoid consequences. Ultimately you can divine whatever reasoning you want but people were hiding in there after committing crimes. If you want to go worship a dark god after committing a crime, build or find another shrine.
Fully agree. Which is why those divine ground things already in place should be enforced. Violence of any kind isn't prohibited and you are locked out of the cathedral. That way the abusers are punished, and not the entire evil god worshipper base.