Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Tyinyk

Lord of Altera
Is it possible for there to be other alternate divine transformations beyond the two already listed, perhaps discoverable through RP?

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Apologies if this has already been answered, does salt water and other things that contain salt effect Noble vyres in the same way that pure salt does?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Is it possible for there to be other alternate divine transformations beyond the two already listed, perhaps discoverable through RP?
Anything is possible through the power of friendship.

Apologies if this has already been answered, does salt water and other things that contain salt effect Noble vyres in the same way that pure salt does?
Nah.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Hypothetical: if a Lover happened to also be a practiced Animancer, would an Induction in combination with an Amplification be sufficient in creating an emotional high for a meal?

(Edit: It just now came to me that this element will probably change with the Arcane rework but I'll ask for the sake of it anyway.)

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Lover Vyre question
So in order for a vyre to feed, they must find someone in an emotional high, and then wait for them to calm down.

With the example of something like fear, if the target dies, does that count as them calming down? Similarly, what if they're knocked out or magically calmed down?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Hypothetical: if a Lover happened to also be a practiced Animancer, would an Induction in combination with an Amplification be sufficient in creating an emotional high for a meal?

(Edit: It just now came to me that this element will probably change with the Arcane rework but I'll ask for the sake of it anyway.)
No, because it's not genuine emotion, but in the context it might cause them to do things that result in a natural emotional high.

Lover Vyre question
So in order for a vyre to feed, they must find someone in an emotional high, and then wait for them to calm down.

With the example of something like fear, if the target dies, does that count as them calming down?
Sure.

what if they're knocked out or magically calmed down?
Yes and no respectively.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
If players who are already vyres can change types but keep those who are above them and sires (not enthrall they do this from infection iirc) does that mean there is a situation where a feral who turns into any of the other types could have holy water be their cure? I.e. their original cure?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
If players who are already vyres can change types but keep those who are above them and sires (not enthrall they do this from infection iirc) does that mean there is a situation where a feral who turns into any of the other types could have holy water be their cure? I.e. their original cure?
Yes. A feral that turns into a lover is cured by ingesting holy water. A lover that turns into a feral is cured by cutting out the heart of someone they love more than themselves.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
For Lovers:
Is it a requirement for someone to be in close proximity to the Lover to turn? Or can it happen remotely? Assuming the love/hate conditions are met. The lore doesn't appear to be clear

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
If a vyre was a master mage has a large AOE spell, Could they feasibly determine if those up the chain are nearby by attempting to cast the spell and finding themselves unable to?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
For Lovers:
Is it a requirement for someone to be in close proximity to the Lover to turn? Or can it happen remotely? Assuming the love/hate conditions are met. The lore doesn't appear to be clear
Remotely.

If a vyre was a master mage has a large AOE spell, Could they feasibly determine if those up the chain are nearby by attempting to cast the spell and finding themselves unable to?
They can unwittingly hurt their sires.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
can a person try to fight back against a sire in self defense, if their intent isn't to hurt the sire? or are they just screwed

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Might have a few questions coming in here in a minute but firstly I want to clarify something that effects my character atm

Vyres rank up every 3 turned below them (either directly by them or through the web they create).

When a vyre first turns they are a fledgling, +3 then entralled, +3 then consumed?

So if a vyre has 6 people under them in the bloodline, are they consumed (I'm currently at 8 and was marked as entralled when I was at 6 through grandfathering so I just wanted some clarification if I should be consumed or if I need one more)

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
My follow up is just a clarification on how the bloodline perks work and who gets them since they're listed as

If a sire had 9 people below them in a spread out and messy web would they all get the 9 perk? Or is it only everyone a liner chain kind of like how it was in the old system except now everyone in the chain gets it instead of the head of just the chain.

I'm just uncertain what the 3, 6, 9, actually means.

Last edited:

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
For the gravewalker ability, Vindication; It says the touch leaves severe frost bite. How bad are we talking? What degree?

Also side note to that, if they keep hold does it keep freezing or does it only fully take effect when they raise their hand away?

(As shown below are the degree types.)

1624164618481.png

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
If a spiritblessed character is turned, the vyrism wins over the elemental and they are immediately unbound but how does that work if the spiritblessed is at the point where a DM is required? Do they just take whatever the effects listed at fledgling or should a DM be called in?

Edit: this was resolved

Last edited:

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Blooded Silver:

Masterwork Effect: Feather-like patterns can be seen throughout the immaculate surface of the silver. When an undead or cursed creature comes within six blocks of masterworked Blooded Silver, these patterns take on a green hue. When used to inflict a wound upon one such creature, the wound takes on a silvery shade with green feather-like patterns visible upon it. The wound does not heal until thoroughly cleaned, and the target finds themselves unable to use their abilities for 4 combat turns (20 seconds out of combat).
So I have a question regarding how exactly Blooded Silver works in regards to a Vyre's passive effect. Blooded Silver says that when used to inflict a wound that the target finds themselves unable to use their abilities for 4 combat rounds. My guess as to what "abilities" are is something that the Vyre has to activate, for example the Noble Vyre's Invasive 3 ability allows them at will to transform into a cloud of smoke. This is something they have to will however if they are struck by blooded silver they couldn't use this ability.

However a passive effect such as Azarian's ability to never lose balance is something that's always on for them but would Blooded Silver negate this passive effect? Another example is the Gluttony's passive ability to bite through steel, if they are under the effects of blooded silver would they simply be unable to use that effect for 4 turns?

Grey line have the ability to coat themselves in scales as tough as iron. Say a blooded dagger punctures one of these scales, although the wound may not be deep it still applies the blooded silver effect. Would this make all the scales fall off the person despite it being a passive?

Biters end up having the passive ability to ignore pain and such through Durable eventually even being able to move parts of themselves and such. As well as their ability to remove parts without bleeding. Would that also be affected by blooded Silver?

I can go into more depth asking on each of the Vyre abilities and their relation to Blooded Silver but overall my question is, does Blooded Silver negate every ability a vyre has or only ones that they can trigger?

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Weaknesses || Biters feel a sense of loathing and anxiety when within non-Skraag divine grounds that stays with them until they leave. They cannot hold or willingly touch a holy symbol of a deity not Skraag or a deity which has blessed them. They cannot enter non-Skraag holy places such as churches, chapels, cathedrals, and keeps that are within these holy places. These restrictions do not hold true if the Biter is blessed by the deity in question.
Biter weakness question, Is the Grand cathedral excluded from this?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
can a person try to fight back against a sire in self defense, if their intent isn't to hurt the sire? or are they just screwed
They could run away.

Might have a few questions coming in here in a minute but firstly I want to clarify something that effects my character atm

Vyres rank up every 3 turned below them (either directly by them or through the web they create).

When a vyre first turns they are a fledgling, +3 then entralled, +3 then consumed?

So if a vyre has 6 people under them in the bloodline, are they consumed (I'm currently at 8 and was marked as entralled when I was at 6 through grandfathering so I just wanted some clarification if I should be consumed or if I need one more)
Yes. You were pegged at enthralled when grandfathered because grandfathering operated under different logic.

My follow up is just a clarification on how the bloodline perks work and who gets them since they're listed as

If a sire had 9 people below them in a spread out and messy web would they all get the 9 perk? Or is it only everyone a liner chain kind of like how it was in the old system except now everyone in the chain gets it instead of the head of just the chain.

I'm just uncertain what the 3, 6, 9, actually means.
Bloodline perks work the way chains did in the old system.

For the gravewalker ability, Vindication; It says the touch leaves severe frost bite. How bad are we talking? What degree?

Also side note to that, if they keep hold does it keep freezing or does it only fully take effect when they raise their hand away?

(As shown below are the degree types.)

View attachment 122425
3rd

I can go into more depth asking on each of the Vyre abilities and their relation to Blooded Silver but overall my question is, does Blooded Silver negate every ability a vyre has or only ones that they can trigger?
Every ability.

Biter weakness question, Is the Grand cathedral excluded from this?
The cathedral counts as a holy place for every god.