Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Tones and clothes folds!

Sword man person.png

The reason why the colours are so subdued is because the drawing was originally in black and white, and I added colours with overlay. This usually makes the colours a lot duller than painting from scratch.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
12th century man at arms.png

Deus vult!

A 13th century knight, probably in a mid-to-late era. Of note is the great helm he has slung over his back, which is what the large holes at the bottom of many later great helms were for. On his head is a skullcap that the great helm would rest on. These would later develop to become the bascinet by late 13th and early 14th centuries.

Also, first drawing on my new tablet. The old one broke :c

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
View attachment 79071

Deus vult!

A 13th century knight, probably in a mid-to-late era. Of note is the great helm he has slung over his back, which is what the large holes at the bottom of many later great helms were for. On his head is a skullcap that the great helm would rest on. These would later develop to become the bascinet by late 13th and early 14th centuries.

Also, first drawing on my new tablet. The old one broke :c
bruh...
Sheds a tear at the knowledge of warfare

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
KV-1.png

Bit of something different. The very first drawing in this thread is a KV-1 tank, a Soviet tank that was used throughout the Second World War but mostly fell out of use throughout the later periods of the war due to the outdated design and poorer performance than the much cheaper to produce T-34. Shown is a version with a welded turret, as opposed to a cast turret which was a lot rounder. Despite the somewhat obsolete design, the KV-1 was a beast of a tank, with one quite famously receiving hundreds of hits before being knocked out around Stalingrad.

And here, for comparison, is my old drawing:

http://hollowworld.co.uk/attachments/kv-1-png.35400/

Bit of a progress made I think :p

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Tiger.png

Did a Tiger I

Despite its legendary status and great gun performance of the powerful KwK 36 88mm anti-aircraft cannon mounted on the tank, the Tiger I proved to be a nightmare for the Germans. With the weight of 54 tonnes, it used the same transmission as the Panzer 4, which weighed half that. Everything about this tank would soon prove to be detrimental to this tank's success, and in truth it should have been replaced entirely with the start of use of the Panther tank, which had a high-velocity 75mm gun that outperformed the Tiger's 88 in as an armour-piercing gun. The Germans developed the Tiger II towards the end of the war, which was an even greater fiasco than the Tiger I. Despite all of these issues, the Tiger was still successful in its role, and when commanded by an experienced crew this tank could take on even the heaviest of Allied armour.

Shown here is Tiger number 007, belonging to Michael Wittmann, a German tank ace who famously stopped an entire British tank column under Villers Bocage during the Normandy landings.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Albareth!
Albareth Head.png

I have no idea why colours look this much darker and muted when uploaded, but the original is quite a bit lighter. Eitherway I hate colours.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Did some Overwatch art!
Overwatch.jpg
And it seems that the internet hasn't completely screwed up the colours on it either!

can i ask you to check some armour sketches for realisticness
Sorry for the late reply, course you can! :p I think I still have you on Skype, so just poke me there.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
For some bizzare reason whenever I try uploading images to the internet the colours always mess up. Ah well. A 14th century knight in full plate armour.

Plate Armour of 14th Century.jpg

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Wow, great work. And could it be an opacity error?
It happens no matter what file format I try (I usually use PNG). And it seems completely fine on my computer, but as soon as it's uploaded all the colours look weird. The skin is less saturated here than in my save, and the green is much brighter.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
It happens no matter what file format I try (I usually use PNG). And it seems completely fine on my computer, but as soon as it's uploaded all the colours look weird. The skin is less saturated here than in my save, and the green is much brighter.
Are you painting it with reduced opacity to make the color lighter, is what i am asking.