Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
A 17th century Polish wooden church. Unfortunately many of these churches were either destroyed or 'modernised' with cement and plaster. Fortunately there are still some survivors, such as the one that this painting is based on.

17th Century Polish Church.png

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
If you do not like modernizing old churches... I feel like I gotta break your heart, its okay though, this makes me depressed too.

It's good in many cases, but in some it's a little upsetting. Besides, from my understanding this modernising was common in 19th and 20th centuries, not so much now as the remaining wooden churches are seen as historic landmarks (as they should be).

LordCreepington

It took a lot to get here
It's good in many cases, but in some it's a little upsetting. Besides, from my understanding this modernising was common in 19th and 20th centuries, not so much now as the remaining wooden churches are seen as historic landmarks (as they should be).
Ah, that's good to hear. I was kind of using modernizing sarcastically, but I agree with you whole heartedly. I should have done better to show that tone. :)

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
A 17th century Polish nobleman's manor. Although the one I based this painting on was plastered, these manors were quite famously usually wooden, as wood has some favourable qualities such as heat retention that stone and brick do not. This meant that even some magnates lived in wooden manors, although theirs tended to be extremely lavish and overflowing with debauchery. The halls would be filled with paintings, weapons, shields, carpets and other things either bought or looted during the many wars that the Polish nobility fought in, often without any sense of style or cohesion. Again, unfortunately not many of these manors survive today, as Poland found itself at the receiving end of many occupations, including the Soviet occupation which destroyed many of the remnants of the Polish upper classes. My great-granddad would have still remembered living in one of these.

17th Century Polish Noble Manor.png

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Thanks to Warwolf I was able to fix the colours when uploading Photoshop images to the internet! So here, a far less blue and far more vibrant drawing. Just a small Polish village. It could pretty much be modern or 17th century, though the glass in the windows would suggest the former.
Polish  Village.png
\

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods

The Iroquois, Kharn's ship Warwolf

I decided to redeem myself from my last ship drawing, that being the Mary Rose on page 3 of this thread...

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
something about that boat being named after a first nations group that wasn't known to 99% of europeans until the 1700s really triggers me but something tells me you're not the right person to complain to

good art though

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
something about that boat being named after a first nations group that wasn't known to 99% of europeans until the 1700s really triggers me but something tells me you're not the right person to complain to

good art though
As far as I'm aware we're using modern English on the server, and it could be argued that that didn't really fully come about until about fifty years ago.

Thank you for the compliment though! :D