Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[City] Stormhold

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
Stormhold
Description:
Stormhold is the capital of House Lonmar. It is one of the oldest and largest cities in Altera, with over 50 inhabitants. Within the great hall, the Lords of the houses within the alliance sit, and hold council with one another. The lower region holds dark, cobbled streets which sprawl through the various shops, inns and houses of the city. The noble upper region has organised streets which lead to the hall and the square behind. The city of Stormhold holds Thyrien as its god of worship, with the church holding various ceremonies throughout the year. Stormholdians take pride in their city's military prowess which is constantly growing through compulsory town guard service. Loyalty is the city's demand of its people, and loyalty is what all citizens return.​
History:

Most cities hold most dearly their past of riches and prosperity; Stormhold can boast no such thing. The City itself was founded from ruin for it was where refugees of grief stricken lands in the north settled. One camp rested on the foothill of an ancient mountain, long since forgotten by the dwarves that had mined it. But they lived on: farmed the fertile grounds; bred animals; mined. 20 years passed, the city developed from small tents to small buildings, yet they were still primitive. The camp was prosperous, and with prosperity comes jealousy and desire. Pirates came from the shores; orcs from the hills; even men wouldn’t let the land stay free. The town, which had been ravaged, split. Different families spread throughout the surrounding areas in their foolish hope that it would be better, more peaceful maybe.

Stormhold, or what was left of it, struggled onwards. The town was no more than a sparsely populated village but the sense of pride grew in the hearts of all the townsfolk. 200 Years after its creation, Draco came to the land, for he too was a refugee escaping the destruction that his homeland only now offered. With fierce determination burning in his heart he saw a future, which no man had dared to see. Could Stormhold be what he spoke to the people, a world power, a fierce enemy and prosperous ally? Of course the villagers did not know it yet, but it could and it certainly did become just what Draco spoke of.
Leadership:
Draco Lonmar (dracoboy2) is the Jarl of Stormhold. His leadership and expertise have kept the city prospering for many years. However he also relies on a number of assistants:​
Dreago Bowstrider (07jhollid)​
Ulrych Lonmar (Tomahawk777)​
Vidar Lonmar (Bigeasy1998)​
Faelin of Eldor (cherrysparx777)​
Gurtha ??? (SparkInSpace)​
Atkar Lonmar (atkrye)​
Tywin Lonmar (hawtyoungstud)​
Rules:
Design Scheme: Here in Stormhold we try to maintain the norse/viking look. Most players find it hard to grasp but we have plenty of builders in town to help you, or build for you. We use cobble for the first level trim and sometimes as the wall material. Cobble stairs are used on the roof with a log trim. The roof is the most important aspect of the house in Stormhold. It uses logs to overhang and at the top it overhangs further. Instead of increasing by 1 block in height every time, sometimes it will increase by 2. These tall, overhanging roofs define Stormhold's look and I am very strict on enforcing it. The building should use log trim, this should be pine or oak but not jungle or birch. The wall panels should be normal planks, birch logs or in some cases pine planks.​
Roleplay: We like to role-play as much as possible and to the top of our ability. Most of us in the town are of norse/viking origin. Some people role-play as other races, and that is allowed, but we don't permit any races which don't make role-play sense in Stormhold. For example why would a High Elf be living in a norse town? (Elves are permitted though, and if you can role-play a good reason then whatever race you are is permitted). If anyone is obviously ruining or disrupting role-play then action will be taken. Of course i won't kick you from town on the first occurrence, but if it is repeated then that might be the best way to deal with it.​
General rules::
  1. All builds must go with the town design scheme, and must be permitted by the mayor or assistants.
  2. Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
  3. Griefing will be questioned, if its major then you will be banned from the server and town.
  4. You must maintain role-play to the best of your ability- ruining of role-play will be dealt with accordingly.
  5. Don't mine on this world, use the Southern Wilds or Eastern Frontier for that.
  6. Don't cut the trees inside the city, once again use the Eastern Frontier for resources.
Joining:
If you wish to join our community and live in Stormhold, there are two ways to go about it. You can post an application here, which either I or an assistant will read and accept. When we next see you online we will invite you to the house and add you to the region. You will then probably be put in a pre-built house for a day or two to ensure your loyalty to the town and activity on the server.​
In game name:
Link to server application:
Link to roleplay profile or a quick character background:
Another way is to come around in game and ask to join. You will be assessed on your roleplaying ability and then an assistant or I will add you.​

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
This is Zethcron Jyushin, I have written a letter to who ever is in charge of Stormhold. I heard you house a khajit alchemist named J'Dar Kah, I wish to visit him. I have a friend who was biten by a vyre but was "cured by a god", as he told me looking just fine, and I was originally seeking a cure for my friend but never found it, now I'm determined to find a cure for the "vyre condition" using alchemy. When my friend was still a vyre he pointed me towards J'Dar Kah for help seeking a cure. But I can not enter Stormhold, most likely because I am an outsider, and so I write this letter explaining myself and asking for permission.

(Just write an RP letter saying what ever your character would say and whether I am declined or not)

killernick97

Loyal Servant of Altera
In game name: Vilin Ironford (Blacksmith)
My name is Vilin Ironford, i am but a humble blacksmith who escaped from the horror brought upon Kilford by the evil, Lord Nilex the destroyer. I seek shelter through the dark times that forge their way "toweard" the. The humble village of kilford is no more that a pile of smoking rubble since Lord Nilex brought his dark magic upon us. I escaped through the dried up well with my young son, Felix. "Alas", hedidn't survive through the hard months that folowed. I was unable to walk, but mealy crawl when Port Silver appeared in the "fierlen". mustering the last of my "miht" i forged on to be welcomed with a warm "bedd" and some long awaited "mete".

Vormaen244

Loyal Servant of Altera
In game name: Vormaen Greohir
Link to server application: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/vormaen244-application-pending-bellonthewise.6041/
Link to roleplay file or quick character background:

My name is Vormaen Greohir. I am just another wanderer, going from town to town, doing odd jobs and trading supplies to get money. But it was when I was in Kilford when my life changed forever. The evil Lord Nilex reigned upon the town, causing death and destruction. People tried to defeat him, but they just added to the death toll. I managed to escape the city through the sewer. I feel that after that day, I may have some of Lord Nilex's corruption inside me, which I hope to cleanse. I shall fight for Altera to defeat this Lord Nilex, and bring an end to his reign of death and destruction!

-Vormaen Greohir

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
I'm sure you can join do you use teamspeak? (if not you should because I'm a lazy bum....) but if you see anyone in town hit them up see what they can do for you :D if you can't find anyone hit us up on the teamspeak (atleast i'm there almost all day)

anton5556

Settling in Altera
In game name: anton5556, RP name Anton Haldan Hjorvard, my friends call me haldan.
Link to server application:http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/anton5556-approved-infernohawk.14363/
Link to roleplay profile or a quick character background:http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/rp-profile-for-anton-5556-haldan-hjorvard.14411/
Im going to buy a new computer so I will be offline for a few days.
My Background
My name is Anton Haldan Hjorvard, but my friends call me Haldan. I come from the cold ice country Halfríng, i lived with my mother, father Knut and my older brother Viratus. we where Vikings, I can not remember my father so much, he was always out and fought with the other viking tribes. when Viratus was 15, he was ready to go to war. I was only five then and it was the last time I saw him,

they next years were hard and tough, it was colder than usual and it became harder to find food .. years sweep by, and there had been six years since my father and brother went .. we had lost hope and tried to stay alive. I was then eleven years old and it was me and my friends who got the food. but everything changed one day. me and my friends had been out and picked up wood, when several boats sail into the harbor. Everyone ran down to the port When I arrived it smells awful, like rotten meat but sudenly the warriors came running agains us, we immediately saw that something was wrong ...
Zombies ran down from the ships and start killing people, they had been infected by the beasts beyond Halfríng that was why it took longer than expected to get home. but like everyone else I started running, me and my mother ran over the mountains and through Ysmil woods, but eventually we came to a village, we were lucky and they helped us. we got a horse and cart, food and clothing. we went town to town and we bought and sold, but after 6 years on the road we got to a town called silveroak, my mother falls in love with one of the soldiers and they got married. I could stay in the town and become a soldier but I wanted to continue, now im on the road again but my next stop will be in Altera and who knows? Maybe I will settle there ....

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Well we are gonna have to rp this out (Because so is the wish of the "Great" highlord Draco :rolleyes:)
But welcome aboard HMS Stormhold and house Lonmar :p

Yaksack

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey draco. It's tottiepop, but my account got hacked ages ago so I haven't been able to come on, now have a new one (Yaksack). Wondering whether I could become a citizen of Stormhold or not?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Hey draco. It's tottiepop, but my account got hacked ages ago so I haven't been able to come on, now have a new one (Yaksack). Wondering whether I could become a citizen of Stormhold or not?
It's Eric Longbeard!!! :D

Yaksack

Loyal Servant of Altera
Yea I have, is that a legitimate enough reason to not have to do the application again? I can access my hollowworld tottie thing, just not minecraft username so I suppose it's okay aye? Awell we'll see what happens. XD

Spark

Broken
Yea I have, is that a legitimate enough reason to not have to do the application again? I can access my hollowworld tottie thing, just not minecraft username so I suppose it's okay aye? Awell we'll see what happens. XD
Yeah just tell them you were hacked and then log in with the other account to clarify

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
In game name: D47DR34M
Link to server application: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/d47dr34m-application-approved-sally.15071/

Markus Smith grew up in a grand, bustling city - full of many citizens and merchants. He grew up with his mother and older sister, his father dying of a growing illness shortly after he was born. His family was rather religious, often praying and visiting the city church.

He would participate in the praying and visits to the church as well, thus granting him a calm and peaceful nature. When he reached the age of twenty one, his mother passed away as well and his sister left the city to live her own life. Approaching the church, a Priest greeted him at the entrance.

The Priest introduced himself as Jonathon Sanktum. Jonathon chatted with Markus for a time, discussing God, Markus' opinions on violence, his public speaking abilities, etc. Jonathon was rather impressed with Markus' responses, and thus, offered him a job at the church, as an ''apprentice'' of sorts.

Markus gladly accepted, and eagerly began his training. Jonathon was very specific in his teachings, and Markus was intent on learning. After several years of Markus receiving training, Jonathon proudly presented him with the title of a Priest himself.

From that day on, Markus performed many tasks, such as baptism, marriage ceremonies and leading church services. He continued to pray - for his lost family, the well being of others, peace, etc.

At the age of twenty eight, Markus recruited his own apprentice by the name of Roran Oaks. He taught Roran all the things Jonathon taught him and more.

When Markus was thirty one, he presented the title of Priest to Roran. He wished him good luck and a safe life. He was aware of many places that were in need of a Priest, and perhaps a church - or even just religious teachings. With this, he packed his supplies and set off to new lands, to put his knowledge to good use.

-I heard that there is a Priest of Stormhold, however he is inactive. I would be more than willing to fill the position if it's alright! :D