Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DOCTOR WHO? DOCTOR WHO? (spoilers)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
this is a week late, but did anyone else dislike the moral quandary they attempted to set up in "A Town Called Mercy," when just the week before the doctor did essentially the same thing in "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" without a second thought from him or the rest of the group?

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
this is a week late, but did anyone else dislike the moral quandary they attempted to set up in "A Town Called Mercy," when just the week before the doctor did essentially the same thing in "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" without a second thought from him or the rest of the group?
I didn't like the 'Dinosaurs on a spaceship' episode, that's why I think it's good that Amy questioned his desicion. 'This is what happens when you travel alone for too long.' I don't like the dark version of the Doctor, especially since his motto is that you have to be better than your enemy.

NollieMai

Loyal Servant of Altera
Im sorry i couldnt watch this weeks Doctor Who episode without laughing a little because i had watched Yogcasts play a adventure map called 'The Swarm' back in august xD Check it out.... its pretty much THE SAME BLACKBOXES! lol

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
It's slightly different. In Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, the man had killed an entire race, genocide, for only his own profit, and didn't regret it in the end. In A Town Called Mercy the person had saved his race/country/whatever, and yet still regretted the loss of the many he experimented upon, even though he had helped his nation.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
that makes sense, though the forced "we have to be better than him" speech still comes off odd right after the previous episode when she, and everyone else, was fine offing the baddie a week earlier.

Maybe it's more a problem with Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Also thought it was odd the similarity between the doctors were never expanded upon. They both did some extreme things in order to end a war, but not even a passing mention of it? meh. I think I'm just being grumpy at this point but something about A Town Called Mercy just irked me.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Did anyone notice the explanation for a particular historical event in the Dinosaurs episode?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Did anyone notice the explanation for a particular historical event in the Dinosaurs episode?
Unfortunately not. :( I lost interest about halfway through that episode, and subsequently wandered off to a certain place called Altera...

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
I quite liked The Power of Three. I'm guessing we'll hear more of the cube dudes.
River + Amy + Angels. I like the Weeping Angels, simply because they are not intelligent beings plotting to destroy the world. They are just predators.
This is awesome, even though it's the last one till the christmas special.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
weeping angels. new york. what is the connection?

also nefertiti disapeared from history