Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
if i were to play i would play as a tengu if you'd allow it ... they are a featured race and quite good ... i agree whole heartedly with you on the idea that an OP char doesnt make a good one and i would like to be a tengu because of this ... they are very cunning and agile but are fragile (hollow bones) hence i would like to play a tengu rogue if you'd be gracious enough to allow me

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Looked at the PSRD, would probably go Summoner. Possibly something similar with different classes.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Referring to my own personal choice.

Would probably be human, under the assumption that they're fairly common. I don't need a special race to have fun.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
neither do i? when i started 2 years ago i thought i did but i like the suspense of people not knowing what you are so they fear you

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Okay, read up on it. Have a neat idea. If we start anywhere above the first few levels, I can serve as party tank.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
well if we join will we need to have backstories and points build?
or are we rolling?
if we are point allocating may i recommend so noone sucks ... that badly everyone starts off with 8 in each class and allocated 20 points to build ... and a cool backstory for that individual task too ... how are you managing inventories too ... normal starting gold amounts? and simple stuff?

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
hey this may sound like an odd question but if you would like to avoid tanking i could be a gnoll fighter??? if not i'll remain a tengu rogue ... wanna see about either becoming a shadowdancer or a lion blade XD this if it gets off the ground will be fun

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Here, I used to run pbp games at another website... I'll use their format to explain everything all at once. It's generally called "The Big 16," since it covers pretty much every aspect of how the pbp game will run.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Standard type, set in Paizo's pathfinder published setting of Golarion.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4-5, and I'll take two alternates in case others drop out.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Hollowworld's forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 1.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Take the standard for your class.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? If the class is outside the core book, you'll need to get permission by me first. Most classes from the ultimate X books are fine. Anything outside those are probably not.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? If the race is outside the core book, you'll need to get permission by me first. Most races outside the core will not be permitted, unless the race is known to be common where the campaign begins.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Point buy method, as described in the core book. We'll be going with 20 points for character creation. Do not lower any stat below 8.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Yes, and No Evil.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Multi-classing is allowed. No special rules other than the standard ones already in the book.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Unless I or someone else can convince the admin to install a dice roller on the forums, I will make all dice rolls, and report the roll as well as the result.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. No homebrew rules. Optional rule of Traits will be used. Players recieve two traits, one can be from any trait list while one must be from the player's guide to the adventure I will run.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Yes. At least a paragraph, and this will be the MAJOR factor in determining who will be in the game. It does not have to be a novel, but I am looking for a good background that you built your character from, not just a background to fit the feats you picked. Your character does also need to have a reason for being at the starting location of the adventure.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? As a published adventure, there is a mix of both hack and slash as well as roleplaying, sprinkled with a touch of puzzle solving.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? The Core, Advanced Player's Guide and the Ultimate X splatbooks are generally fine, anything past that will need approval. Most things that come from only magazines and blog posts will more than likely be not allowed.

And also, we need to choose which adventure to play. I have:
Rise of the Runelords - Pretty standard stuff, goblin raids, dungeon crawls, a sprinkling of politics while in town.. If you're looking for a solid standard game that's the one.
Council of Thieves - Much more of a dark and gritty Noir type campaign, lots and lots of political intrigue. If you want a dark and social setting this one works well.
Legacy of Fire - Think Arabian Knights. There ya go. Desert campaign that deals with the heat, as well as genies, desert bandits, and more!
Kingmaker - As the title says, this campaign will see if you have what it takes to become a King. Essentially you're given a charter to explore the wilderness and eventually set up your own kingdom there.

Let me know which one you all want to play, and if there's any more interest in the game.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Rise of the Runelords - Pretty standard stuff, goblin raids, dungeon crawls, a sprinkling of politics while in town.. If you're looking for a solid standard game that's the one.
Council of Thieves - Much more of a dark and gritty Noir type campaign, lots and lots of political intrigue. If you want a dark and social setting this one works well.
Legacy of Fire - Think Arabian Knights. There ya go. Desert campaign that deals with the heat, as well as genies, desert bandits, and more!

All three of these hold interest for me, and I'll go with any of them.

Reading up on the setting now, and will outright draft a full character once I'm up to speed on the setting.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ah. Drat. Of course, the Setting itself is not open game content. That makes sense.

I'll be guessing a bit in my character bio. Wish me luck.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Started off by Randomly Generating a Human Name, directly from the Wizards Site.

Charname.PNG

Yeah. That'll do.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
i'll go with the name
Ebonfeather. 19years old, black feathers, yellow eyes, rogue, 5'8"
STR 14 +2
DEX 16 +3
CON 12 +1
WIS 10 +0
INT 8 -1
CHA 14 +2

Starting equipment leather armour and roll for gold first game.

Livin' in these dirty rat infested slums with my parents is NOT and i repeat NOT the life i want, all these humans are scairt of us tengus and ever since i have hatched i have dreamed about livin on a mountain of silver and gold (seein' as ma has to earn money somehow i think my pah was a magpie because i always liked the shiny stuff, but i also liked the dark considerin' my ma is a raven *ka-caw* *cough*'scuse me feather in ma gullet there ... anyway ... i, havin a real taste for the shinies turned to the life of a petty crook as do most tengu livin in the cess pit the humans call the warrens, used to sneak out and cut poices of the rich people dumb enough to wind up in the low towns, but one day i got coit, and wadda i do, learn to pick locks thay'ts what, i gawt pretty good at my jawb as a rogue, a swindler, a smuggler, a t'ief in the night but sadly, momma got sick and doid, leaving quoit a few unhappy customers, my ma's late husbaynd taughtme a few things about sawds so i gawt my pa's old sawd and killed every layst one of em, saydly the sawd broke and i was cut up real bayd like but the other gals who liked my ma, they took me in and fed me with what little they hayd so i only took from tax payers and 'dem corrupt rich fowks to give to the slums, went pretty well until they realised jail was too easy foar me so i was given a set of leather armour an' some gold to go on my own wit in my exile, hose joiks went and sewn all their feathers into it too. Anyways, i gots to find some weapons to use for myself and food n woiter, i hoid about dese people in the doik dat if you see yoir dead as a doornail, the shadow daincers, i also came acraws a village a wead a bulletin bouts some quest, dain't read mosta the details just the load of cash that makes ya tailfeathers ruffle, I also never understood why but that lawng toime ago whens i killed all the other tenguand soiprising hayd fun doin it ...
(if you want me to chzange anything i would be happy to)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Would a character's background be significantly affected by a change in adventure?

(Sheet almost done. Mostly missing inventory.)

Will write a proper full backstory once our adventure and locale are fixed. I'd like to take into account any info in the free guide.