Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
well my background i can "tweak around" in many fashions although inevetable it'll be me being a cutpurse who lives in a slum somwhere ... and if the case of you being sold into slavery that may be how we meet , me picking your chains off and all that then helping you escape ... it seems to work ... i am concerned as much about the RP of meeting characters myself, as it is the most tedious of getting chars into a functioning party

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Did you read the guide for Legacy? The Slave background had in-built plotline support, and worked for my character idea. No PC intervention necessary.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Since it seems either Rise of the Runelords or Council of Thieves is the more popular option here, I'll start making a background for those two first. I'll read up on them today and tomorrow and probably spit out a few paragraphs in the next couple days for each. Additionally, I'd like a character that's unique to me, yet can go through more than just one campaign with a logical background. So I think I'll go with a catfolk; just need to find a reason to be in Legacy of Fire. But since Catfolk are adventurous and explorers, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

EDIT: Do you mind multiclassing? Only curious; not sure if I want to or not.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
no i didnt read the outline sadly ... i dont have the books and i cant find the torrent for them :(
Did you just completely miss the links I gave? ....

Nael your background looks good, and thank you so much for telling me which you'd like to play. Still waiting on the others to give me their choices...

Sneaky, I didn't list Legacy of Fire with catfolk, purely because it's going to suck as a furry humanoid in the middle of a desert, unless you want to be one of those wrinkled hairless cats.... that would be interesting.

Sneaky, ;uigi, which adventure do you pick?

Also, I really need at least one more person to play. The adventures are all based on four or five characters. Any less and we'll have problems. I can dmpc a character if we absolutely need it, but it'll be much better if we have another person instead.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Another option we have to speed the game up is doing it in game, via chat. As an added bonus, we get a die roller and an inbuilt grid due to minecraft.

I'd highly recommend us all trying to login at the same time to do die rolls and emulate combat, at least.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Also, just my own thoughts, but a party of a summoner, tengu, and catfolk will stick out like a miniature sun in any subtle/political game.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Would you allow a second character then, Pyro? 'Cuz I'd rather avoid having a fur-less catfolk... In which case I'd make an ifrit.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
I'd honestly prefer either Rise of the Runelords or Council of Thieves. But I'll be okay with any of the campaigns.

Additionally, I've been browsing the uncommon races and stumbled upon kitsune. Would these be allowed, or are you just sticking to the featured races?

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
well 2 people have said council of thieves so i guess council is what we are doing??? and i dont think personally that kitsune would be allowed ... considering they uncommon rather than featured, but also it's be better if you were a kitsune druid :p
if you were a kitsune

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Yeah, it looks like the common theme is Council of Thieves, so we'll go with that.

Another option we have to speed the game up is doing it in game, via chat.
This is an option, but my main concern is trying to get everyone in game at the exact same time. That's why I went with pbp, as everyone can post when they get a chance. We could certainly schedule some times for in-game play, but for the most part it'll be pbp since that will be easiest for us to play.

Additionally, I've been browsing the uncommon races and stumbled upon kitsune. Would these be allowed, or are you just sticking to the featured races?
Sorry, only featured races outside core.

Remember, you get two traits, and one must be a campaign trait from the Council of Thieves player's guide. Nael posted the guide earlier in the thread. Make sure to read over the guide, as it will give you a great deal of information concerning the setting and how to embed your character into it.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
just asking because i found it but will you allow any archetype changes ... i found an awesome one called the blacksnake that basically changes the entire style of the rogue replacing sneak attack with most mid ranged attacks such as whips mostly .. i am gonna want to play as it if i am allowed to and i will rewrite my backstory too