Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Character sheets, sans-inventory.

Had a lovely idea to go with the extremely interesting archetype "Synthesist"

http://www.dndonlinegames.com/profiler/view.php?id=36411 (Using Synthesist's Eidolon Ability)
http://www.dndonlinegames.com/profiler/view.php?id=36409 (Not Using It)

I'm not sure how much of this requires permission, it was all on the OGC site.

As far as I can tell, things requiring approval, leaning on conservative:

Summoner Character Class - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner
Synthesist Character Archetype - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...etypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/synthesist
Infernal Influence Trait - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/infernal-influence-human
(This last one is just a fun in-joke I like, and if it is somehow troublesome [I'm not sure -how- it might be,] I'll willingly drop it.)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
@Nael
Synthesis Summoner is fine, though the infernal heritege would only make sense if we play Council of Thieves since it's based in Cheliax. Also remember one trait must come from the player's guide for the adventure. Also, Could I get a seperate sheet for your eidolon, or at least a space on your fused sheet that shows the evolution points and where you spent them on and whatnot.

@;ugi
I'll allow featured races if the race in question makes sense in the setting. tieflings are as common as the core races in Cheliax, so in Council of Thieves they would be accepted. I need to know which adventure we're playing before I can accept or deny special races.

None of you have told me which adventure path you want to play in. How can you make a character if you don't even know the setting or background? Legacy of Fire, for instance is set in the desert. You'd have to make your characters a great deal different than if you're in a temperate area.... And there's really no way to make a backstory to make your character off of if you don't know how he/she ties into the adventure.

I need everyone to pick which of the four they want to play. If you can't decide, rank them 1 being the best to 4 being the worst. In order to make your decision, I suggest downloading all four Player's Guides and reading through them to see what they offer. Here's the links to each one:

Rise of the Runelords Players Guidehttp://www.theeurth.com/legacy_of_fire/Theeurth%20Legacy%20of%20Fire%20Player%27s%20Guide.pdf
Legacy of Fire Players Guide

Council of Thieves Players Guide

Kingmaker Players Guide

Legacy of Fire and Kingmaker are hosted on other sites so you don't even have to download them from paizo. I'm sure there's other ways of obtaining the players guides as well. Let me know which one you want to play!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Thanks for the links, reading things now.

I haven't tried to write any kind of backstory yet, nor is my character finalized, specifically because I haven't had the chance to go through the guides yet. On it now.

As the actual price of these guides is 'Free' (Runelords, Council), would it be possible to get them uploaded to the thread for download? I've never used the PF site before and would prefer not to make yet another account for things if I can help it.

Reading Legacy and Kingmaker now, though.

(Is it also possible that if we complete one, we somehow move to another path, not necessarily one of the other three presented? These seem neat.)

Question about Legacy of Fire Guide: Which world is it taking place in? The one the guide covers, or the PF Standard?

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
umm legacy of fire would work quite well i guess overall and if we were playing legacy of fire ifrits would be common in nomadic tribes ... ACTUALLY ... i would be interested in coordinating with someone to RP an ifrit with them being friends or related and they come from a tribe of nomads?

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
but tengus are cool too so if nobody would be an ifrit i will keep my tengu ... truth is i love making characters for D&D and pathfinder ... just making them is fun

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
@Nael
I tried to find ones already hosted somewhere. There may be somewhere else that hosts them, google might find it. However, it's free. I realize having to make yet another account for something is aggravating... but at least you don't have to pay for it. You could probably find a torrent of them somewhere as well, though those are usually bundled with a lot of other books, so I'll leave that up to you on whether to be a pirate or not.

Also, I made an account to view your character sheets.... come halfway with me. lol.

As far as multiple paths go... these adventures go from level 1 to level 15+. If we happen to get all the way through one, we could play another with new characters, or I could grab some high level adventures to keep going with, either way. (The chances we'll actually get all the way through one is pretty slim though.)

Legacy of Fire takes place in Paizo's standard Golarion world. The country, and city, is called Katapesh and is located near the equator, on the southern continent.

@sneaky
Catfolk - Rise of the Runelords, Kingmaker, Council of Thieves
Ifrits - Legacy of Fire, Kingmaker
Fetchlings - Council of Thieves
In cases where the race would fit in multiple adventures, the first posted is the best location, and then slightly worse after but still acceptable.

And I might as well get it out there cause I know the question is coming;

Tengu - Council of Thieves, Legacy of Fire

Oh, also, to bring in the power of some of the featured races, the following changes will be applied:
Any resistance (ex: resistance to fire 5) changes to a +2 saving throw instead.
Any spellcasting above level 0 spells are dropped in exchange for one similar 0 level spell that is at will.
(This is essentially like taking the Infernal Bastard trait for free, as well as covering all highly-powered races)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Blah. It's been a while since I used the site. I guess they require logins to see sheets now.

Will bite the bullet and grab the others. (Moreover, will probably post them here once I do so.)

Background worked out for Legacy of fire, if we go with that.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
i will have a look and make an ifrit too for a char ... if the resistance is going to +2 save i will probably take an alternate trait that replaces it XD

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
That's really not what I want to hear. You should make a character off of the background and design concepts that you come up with, then put numbers to it, not minmax your way to the best mechanical spreadsheet possible then try to wrap a backstory around it.

:/

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
*sigh*

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell you. If you want a tengu, play tengu. If you want ifirt, play ifirt. This choice should be a ROLEplaying decision, not ROLLplaying. You should play Ifirit because the idea is interesting, not because it give X resistance and Y bonus. If you want an alternate racial trait, take it if it was part of a roleplaying decision, not because it's more OP than the standard racial trait. Especially don't take a trait just to get around a balancing issue.

Does any of what I'm saying make sense?

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
i know ... that is what i doing ... i like the idea of the 2 and because i have already played tiefling am staying away ... this was my original problem i picked the races i liked then couldnt pick between em ... sticking to my guns with the tengu tho bro ... it is for the roleplaying and not rollplaying ... i prefer it that way ... more social aspecta rather than combat ... although i like combat XD but i get what your saying ... i know i am being frustrating and i will stop ... i will only stick to ma tengu !!!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
My ranking of the guides I've read thus far:

1) Rise of the Runelords
2) Legacy of Fire
3) Kingmaker

In all likelihood, based on what I've gained from Rise of the Runelords, it appears that what makes most sense for my character would be some kind of deposed noble from Cheliax. If playing Legacy of fire, the logical intro would be, after having house crushed, to be sold into slavery. I'm not certain yet how this concept would come to be in Varisa yet.

I'll read the last guide, the one actually involving Cheliax, before finalizing this opinion.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Yep.

1) Council of Thieves [-Very- narrowly beating out 2.]
2) Rise of the Runelords
3) Legacy of Fire
4) Kingmaker

I've got backgrounds for 1) and 3) already, and will think of what would logically bring my character to 2) if that's what we decide on.