Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
it's ok i picked swordmaster because you're both right it is the logical ROLEplay choice
btw umm how does it work introducing your char do you base it off your actual trait or is there a set of intros to choose from
Not necessarily traits. More about your character's personalities, tendencies, etc.

For example, my character's a catfolk. They're highly inquisitive and natural explorers and trailblazers. So, she doesn't need much of an excuse to travel to a place like Cheliax, which has immense amounts of history and new places for her to explore.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
oh ok then thanks for that and if you read the actual styles like dragon for instance you'd understand what i talking about

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
Cheliax, livin in the slums in the lowest poit of town, not the place I ever wanted to live and frankly although it’s the darkest and most unused part of the city it’s the place ya see the most, the things they do in the city are frankly barbaric and I didn’t want a part of ‘em so instead of joinin a gang or sumthin I watched and trained as diligently as I could, peoples coin I take because I like to, the other thing is that it stops it ever reachin the hands o’ the people hirin these thugs to beat people to death in the street, my father was a simple merchant, but knew how to defend ‘imself he taught me all I know alawng with my master Blackbeak but they gawt killed off, my foither managed to make it home in time to say goodbye and gimme his saber, I wept for days and didn’t sleep or eat but ma helped me back up and I been training ever since, I need to put a stawp to these people doin all this to us and the surroundin villages and if I am gonna do that I’ll need to move up in the woild and take em all on usin moi skills and blades to get me there … that council is gonna regret crossin sawds wit me, killin moi friends and family was too far and I am gonna end em all, but I needed stuff, I had pa’s saber but I needed to take em down I’d need a lot more than a sword so my ma gave me a wad of gold and I got some stuff, only the essentials obviously but now I am just about ready to take down these slugs that are terrorizin us poimenently

is this intro ok for the rp purposes?

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
oh ok then thanks for that and if you read the actual styles like dragon for instance you'd understand what i talking about
"Gains the benefits of the Dragon Style Feat"

Doesn't mean he/she is actually in that style, just gains the benefits of. So he/she is still using swords. There's still no unarmed fighting involved in the Swordmaster Archtype

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
hey so is anyone online, i was hoping if everyone was ready we could get started or are we one person short?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I have a few friends that have said they also would like to play. Waiting on them to post their characters.

When they've posted their characters (or it's taking too long and I tell them tough luck) then I will create a new thread for the pbp game.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Unfortunately it's a bit worse off than that. Here's the whole story:

About a month before this thread was created, I told some of the people in House Cromarcky (before it was even an "official" house) That I would run a pbp game for them. I had some people very interested, but not enough to really get a game going. fast forward to now, and I'm running this game, feeling bad that I couldn't get a game going earlier, trying to get in touch with them.

Unfortunately, they don't lurk these forums very much, and they haven't been on when I have for me to tell them. If I can't get in touch with them be the end of the weekend, we'll just start without them.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Sorry for the lack of feedback these past few days.

I'll sum up everything that's happened and what is to come.

All of the people that had told me they wanted to get in a game like this have gone missing. Just gone. I knew these people through steam as well and they're gone from that as well. Not sure what happened, but there it is.

Also, holidays happened. I haven't been able to log on to minecraft much at all lately either.

Speaking of minecraft, most everyone in Riddleport has fell off the grid as well. I've been attempting to locate them and see whats going on with what little time I've had during the past couple of weeks.

So, what this means is - Everyone is going to play. What that also means is you all as a group are going to have to make a working team. As is, we have a summoner, two rogues and a ranger. You have no healing, and very little arcane (summoner is more of a tank class). I'd suggest that everyone talk amongst yourselves and see who would mind swapping out to a different role. Of course, if you are all set in your ways I will run the adventure with the group as is, but I promise you the lack of a healer will cripple the party.

You'll have plenty of time to do this because - I am going on a trip from the 7th to the 14th, in which I will have absolutely no internet connection. We will start up as soon as I get back. I'll be here till the 7th if you wish to ask me any questions regarding character creation, but for the most part if you think something wouldn't be allowed, then you're probably right.

I look forward to running the game come the 14th

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I saw our role difficulties. I've prepared several characters at this point to fill multiple roles in multiple games. Character generation is fun for me. As it stands I've got people for everything except, obviously, rogueishness, as well as backups in case others happen to die. don't suit the game/party dynamics, etc.

If we were in 3.5, or in a higher level in pathfinder, I could mitigate some of our healing problems too without necessarily having to swap to a healer. Alas, I'm not as prepared.

Seriously do consider playing a divine class, they're very good for what they do.

I can offer you, in terms of roles prepared for:

Summoner: Very good Tanking. Self Sufficient in terms of Healing, Buffs. As he levels up, can also get skills in Battlefield Control, and Damage, but cannot excel at everything. No real potential to handle Skills, Knowledgeabilty, Social Interaction, Stealth, or otherwise look after party members in any way besides being a beefstick. (Seriously, I have 26 hitpoints at first level. It's insane.) Best Allies: A Divine Caster - (Party Support, Healing), A character with Knowledge Skills, A Character with non-knowledge skills. Best character in terms of roleplay by far, but in all honestly likely the least useful in anything not a fight, and thus the least fun to play in a PbP. Weird. Becomes exponentially more useful the less other players there are. Best solo character by a massive, massive margin.

Conjurer: Utility, Battlefield Control, Smartguy. Not remotely as beefy as the Summoner, requires protection to function, but is very nice with support. Best Allies: Divine Caster, Tank, Roguish fellow. Probably my best concept, but not my best character. I'm probably best suited to be your party smart guy moreso than any other role for numerous reasons.

Cleric: He's a cleric. He does clericy things. Bit cliched and yet a bit novel. A functional off-tank, actually non-useless in a brawl, magically capable, nothing of real note in terms of skills. Can play heal-stick if necessary. Best Allies: Full Tank, Rogueish fellow, Smart Guy.

Magus: Dodge-tank. Very nice mitigation ability but a solid smack and he's out. Not a slouch in DPS, has some magical skills due to INT, has some physical skills too. Decent all-rounder that can contribute to everything except healing and utility magic.

I could possibly make more, but frankly my creativity is a liitle hard to excercise at level 1, and this should do for now.

I honestly recommend we stick to Legacy of Fire or Rise of the Runelords as missions.