Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Laicelem Aethlren, the Giant-Slayer

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
1692139539297.png

newlaic.jpg

"To lost comrades! We should be with them, but not yet."

laicsketch.pngpersonal_info.png
☘ NAME: Laicelem Aethlren (lace-el-em)
☘ TITLES: Apprentice Ranger | Giant-Slayer | "Spooks" | Baron | Ghost of Arachia | Wolf
☘ AGE: ~early 30's
☘ RACE: Forest Elf
☘ GENDER: Male
☘ SEXUALITY: Heterosexual

☘ RELATIONSHIP: Engaged

laic3.png
appearance.png
☘ BUILD: Wide-shouldered
☘ COMPLEXION: Sunkissed
☘ FACE SHAPE: Defined
☘ SKIN: Olive / Tan
☘ EYECOLOR: Golden
☘ HAIR: Jet Black
☘ WEIGHT: 190lbs
☘ HEIGHT: 6'5"

Laic and Glom.jpgfeatures.png
☘ HEAD
  • A small circle with horns is carved into his forehead, indicated by a white scar
  • A set of scarred fang-puncture marks is on the right side of his neck
  • A scratch-mark scar across the front of his face
☘ CHEST
  • A golden scar traces across his right shoulder to his chest, where he was clawed by the hellish Ginur, and was cauterized by Aleksei's divine healing
  • Claw marks span his left flank
  • A rounded scar sits on his lower abdomen from where he was stabbed by Branko Callas
☘ BACK
  • A long scar spans the entire width of the elf's muscled back, from right shoulder to left hip; this one was a gift from Eirlys
☘ ARMS
  • A crude, white scale is carved onto the back of his right hand
☘ LEGS
  • Scars in the shapes of canine-like bites and slashes lace over both his legs
☘ OTHER
  • Shadows seem to supernaturally extend toward him whenever his onyx stud earring is worn

lightbane1.jpg
personality.png
☘ FEARS: Destruction of nature; losing his soul; claustrophobia

☘ DISLIKES: Fiends; harm coming to friends/family; loss
☘ EDUCATION: Survival; hunting; combat; tracking
☘ WEAKNESSES: Overprotective; rash; family
☘ STRENGTHS: Hearing; archery; bravery
☘ LANGUAGES: Elven / Common / Rede
☘ LIKES: Nature; food; stories
☘ VALUES: Nature; smithing
☘ ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good
☘ ATTITUDE: Free-willed
☘ INTELLIGENCE: Witty
☘ SOCIAILITY: Very

1690155781597.png
health.png
☘ ILLNESS: None

☘ INJURIES: None
☘ MUTATIONS:

• Fangs - Laicelem's canines have been sharpened to resemble the countenance of a wolf.
  • Pupils - Laicelem's pupils become slitted like a cat's during times of heightened emotion or divine casting.
☘ BLESSINGS: Theodra - T2

lightbane2.jpg
goals.png
☘ SHORT TERM: Learn how to speak rede

☘ LONG TERM: Hunt demons; dismantle corruption

☘ ACCOMPLISHED: NA

☘ FAILED: NA

relationships.png
☘Family Members: His twin sister, Lantalma | His daughter Aelia
☘Fiancé:
Sophie Velour
LantalmaLoved"Your stubbornness rivals my own, and it's part of why you're a good sister."
KeoneLoved
[x]
"I hope you'll come back home more often"
GlomlirLoved
[x]
"I couldn’t ask for a better friend than you in this world."
SophieLoved[x]"There are few in this world that I would do anything for, but you are among the first. There are none that rival your beauty, both inside and out.."
CallumLoved[x]“You are growing quickly my boy, and I am happy with how you are turning out.”
AeliaLoved"I am excited for you to enter my life, you are a little light amidst the shadow of this world."
AddaClose Friend
[x]
"I hope to see you again some day, old friend…"
ErwinClose Friend[x]"The spirit of hope you hold is inspiring as always."
ArvythClose Friend[x]"Things are going to work themselves out, and I’m here to make sure that they do…."
AseroGood Friend[x]"We’ve been through a lot together, and hopefully will live to go through a lot more yet.."
ValtaeFriend"I owe a lot to you."
SomFriend
[x]
"I'm glad to know you can see me through my flaws."
MattFriend[x]"Things are on a better path now it would seem."
FrostFriend"I hope to see you happy with my smithing designs."
JacobFriend
[x]
"I'm going to miss you, old friend. Let your years carry on in peace and safety."
MarianFriend[x]"I recognize that I can always come to you for your wisdom. I hope I can repay all that you've taught me somehow, one day. Congratulations!"
CierenFriend"I'm hopeful that you'll be assigned as my mentor one day."
RaelurMourned
[x]
"I'll miss Raelur dearly. Though I never had much time to get close to him, I looked to him as an inspiration, and I still continue to. I'm going to do my best to uphold his legacy. He has demonstrated many incredible abilities that I can only hope I'll learn in the future."
Joseph SeekerFriend
[x]
"You're one of the people I'm most excited to see again, even though we've only become acquainted recently. It's impressive how close combat can make you with someone."
LysanderFriend"I'm glad to have someone so rational around."
SaoirseFriend[x]"You're making good progress, keep it up."
VivFriend[x]"I'm not sure if I can stick to what I told you."
TheodosiusFriend[x]"We can achieve a lot with our ambitions aligned."
HelenaCompanion[x]"A distraction was nice, but that's all it was."
HalvarFriend"I feel bad for losing the dirk you smithed for Jacob. Still, your work inspires me."
KaatreyaFriendly"You seem like a good person to be around. A bit stiff, though."
SylviaFriendly
[x]
"Sylvia's been good to me, and she's good for Arvyth. I'll have my revenge on Branko for hurting another friend soon enough..."
EirlysFriendly"Hm, you're fun to spar with. You're even more fun to poke fun at, though both are dangerous games."
SkalaFriendly"You're an interesting one... But somehow, quite alright to be around."
FjordFriendly"I congratulate you on the birth of your child!"
SydriConcerned[x]"I hope to see you recover after everything you've been through."
MelarueWary"You didn't seem so bad the last time I saw you. A little help would have been nice."
AthrylWary
[x]
"I once worked for this man, and I may continue to in the future. However, he is involved in a business that I often disagree with. I appreciate his invitations still, and I do not wish to see him come to harm, though I do not trust him."
RogalHated[x]"You are where you belong."
BrankoDespised[x]"I'm not yet sure what I'm to do with you."
ReinhardDisliked
[x]
"I'm keeping an eye on you."

#7CB957
#748fa2|#75958c|#88a279|#afad79|#a78667|#936262

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
ranger.jpg

Learning Rede:

Teacher: Lana
Level: 2
Proficiency: Basic greetings/farewells. "Where is the hospital?" and, general nouns to reference things.

Other Linguistics:
Mok'yra: "I know what you're saying." -via Maebh
Nakat
: "I know what you're saying." -via Maebh
"Birdish": "I know what you're saying." -via Maebh

Last edited:

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
Companions

Ezelban
A green axolotl living in Candlewood.

Goat
A female goat appreciated for her steady supply of goat's milk.

Geri
A dog with charcoal-colored, velvety fur. Smart, but possessive in personality. Motivated to learn quickly with bribes of treats and toys, but will snarl and bark at any who dare attempt to steal from him.
Commands​
Come​
Follow​
Sit​

dog.png

[Curse of the Reaper]
"The effect of the Linlean Holy Grounds keeps the spirit tied to the necklace quiet in the time leading up to the ritual, and indeed through much of the ritual itself. As Laicelem begins his prayer, a keening rises, like a scream of pain heard from a distance. A chill wind that only Ashna can feel tosses the candle flames in disarray, though none gutter. Laicelem can feel no difference through his curse. A figure appears in the circle, contorted malevolently in pain or rage and limned in arcane purple, and distorted as if the figure is being blown away like sand. A shadow appears on the ground before it, flickering in the candlelight. Ashna recognizes the shape as one of the Lady's reapers, but they both only see it in reflected silhouette. It reaches for the purple-lined figure, which struggles and lashes about, the pendant trembling and jerking about within the circle. When the shadow of the reaper's hand reaches the pendant, there is a sudden furious howl that is cut short, and all the candles are snuffed out. In the dimness, both Ashna and Laicelem can see their breath hang in air, cold, and incongruous snowflakes drift downwards serenely in the quiet, dusting the floor with a transient frost. Slowly, the room warms. Laicelem likely notices it first, the return to normalcy wrapping around him like a warm blanket after a long trip through winter. The curse has loosened its grip. Forever after he may feel from time to time a chill wind against the back of his neck. Perhaps when passing a cemetary, or when remembering his fallen friends. But it will pass as quickly as it comes, only a reminder on the nature of faith, nothing more. When they finally bring light back into the room, the pendant is still there, but the chain it would hang from is snapped, and the moth is split asunder. Broken. The spirit freed and taken to its final rest."

Last edited:

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Imagine having an alignment, instead of making an overly complex and morally flawed PC.

Couldn’t be me.

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
Beginning to rework relations so I can put notes with them all and remind myself how Laic feels about everyone when I get back from training (will be leaving soon)

Let me know if I'm missing you, I'll be adding in some more people in the morning!
Reinhard when?

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
Update to relations & goals; I'll be inactive for a few months, may try and stalk the forums when I can. Thanks everyone :heart:

AbsentUser

Legend of Altera
Hero
Retired Staff
AbsentUser
AbsentUser
Hero
Update from xVigil :

`Hey everyone—quick update: I’m doing great, we haven’t done much yet but the fun begins in a couple days. For those who don’t know I’m going on hiatus for a while for training. If anyone has anything they want to say, you can just reply in the thread here and I’ll check it out next week/next time I can. Feel free to just say hello, ask a question, or talk about our characters, Laicelem, your char, etc. If there’s anything you want to figure out for when I get back I’d love to read it too. Thanks all!`