Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warp Highlight!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
How often can a town be a warp point? For example sake, could Thiil be a warp point again in the future, if we do well in the rankings? Or is it more like, once you become a warp point, you're taken out of the running for a while?
I didn't list in above, but I have every intention of allowing a town to win multiple times in a row, because if a town keeps trying that hard then I see no reason not to reward that~
I'll add that to the main post :p

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Grrr, I'm so annoyed Thiil got the warp point. They're super close to spawn - you can just walk ;_;

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Feast to Sallana
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/feast-of-sallana.30757/
And then The Mass of Masques, but that was this month . . . So that doesn't count I thinks
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-mass-of-masques-part-1.30869/
Please read the requirements for the warp..

1. The warp is changed monthly, the first of every month, the mass was done this month so it can't count for last months.
2. The feast was intended for a summoning ( I remember very well being nagged to go nag Mich about it ) so I didn't count it despite there being no God showing.
3. The Mass of Masquerades was made a Private event, which doesn't count, as stated in the first post..

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Please read the requirements for the warp..

2. The feast was intended for a summoning ( I remember very well being nagged to go nag Mich about it ) so I didn't count it despite there being no God showing.
Ahh, I didn't realize the feast was a summoning, don't mind me then~

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
{Moderate} (Grafjell) The Grey Isle

Town thread
Organization +1 (Still recommend spacing)
Screenshots are still broken, no points. (If screenshots are copy pasted from a convo, they don't work for anyone not in the convo)

Events +2
Preaching of the Grey Lady
Funeral of Luna Lupi Cor

Total: 3

{Peaceful} Thiil

Town thread
Organization +1
Screenshots +1

Events +1
The Learning Hall (I'm adding this one because I saw how much work went into it, regardless that it's not listed as events I think it still counts as one considering it works the same as an event, it's just in a diff section)
Wedding of Athryl and Aracena

Total: 4

{Moderate} WinterGuard

Town thread
Organization +1 (The first post seems heavily cluttered, I'd recommend removing the underline and distributing the spaces in a more reader-friendly manner. Have 2 spaces under paragraphs and only 1 between the text and title, it makes a huge difference.)
Screenshots +1

Events +1
[Peaceful] The Wedding of Frost and Juno

{Moderate} Azerport

Town thread
Organization +1 (Yay!)
Could add screenshots sometime soon I hope?

Events +1
The Grand Azerport Ball

Total: 2

{Moderate} Lady Luck

No Town Thread D:

Events +1
The Grand Opening of the Lady Luck

Total: 1

Haven (Le Havre? I don't know) :

(If Haven is Le Havre, it should get +2 for organization and screenshots but if Haven IS Le Havre then please get all members to use the same name/term ;-; I get so confused)
Events +1
A message to the Followers of the Mad God

Total: 1

{Moderate} Etheras

Town Thread
Organization +1 (Though honestly, I think that first post/image isn't very appealing, I think it would be better spaced out and properly written. Those symbols/emblem would be a lot more appealing as separate images)
Screenshots +1

Events +1
Royal Tourney of Etheras

WILL BE ROLLING FOR THE WINNER SOON
Thill
The Grey Isle
WinterGuard
Etheras

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I guessed the second I saw the 52489 that The Grey Isle won, since that's usually the highest score I get with that roll xD

2014-12-01_19.21.29.png

Warp Highlight has been set in Grafjell/The Grey Isle!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I'm so great at this job yes I am.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/peaceful-the-wedding-of-athryl-mithtanil-and-aracena-gideon.31153/

I had set this tab aside to put on my Newsletter for this week because I misread the events set time, then accidentally loaded up the unread msg's and noticed that the event was already complete. THEN of course realized this means that Thiil hosted 2 events and have actually won the warp by points alone (and therefore the previous rolling shouldn't count.).

So now I'm a bit conflicted- if it's alright, I'd like to let Grafjell keep the warp point for about 2 days, then I'll set it back to Thiil :p

Edit: This also means that if Grafjell fixes it's screenshots and both towns host 2 events every month, it'll be an epic battle for the warp point.

I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN-

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hue.

*Scribbles some event notes.* Mwhaha.

Last edited:

I'd like to suggest a modifier that subtracts points if a town is a previous winner. It doesn't have to work like this, but this is my suggestion:

-2 if immediate previous host.
-1 all other hosts.

Given how low modified scores are, I suggest no accumulation.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Why should prior winners be punished? The goal isn't to have some "No child left behind everyone gets to win" thing, it's so that the best town as decided by our criteria gets to be the highlight. If others want to be the highlight they can make a push and try to be better still.

Why should prior winners be punished? The goal isn't to have some "No child left behind everyone gets to win" thing, it's so that the best town as decided by our criteria gets to be the highlight. If others want to be the highlight they can make a push and try to be better still.
The point being that it should give players much more of a variety of places to visit and RP in. Though I do understand that whoever puts the most effort into getting the position should get it.
The applicability of my suggestion is dependent upon the intended goals of the highlight program. I could be wrong, but I'm interpreting Baron's view of the goal to be to provide an incentive for towns to get better. If that's the case, then I see no reason to apply a negative modifier for previous winners.

However, if the goal at least includes a component of spreading RP to different locations or encouraging people to explore, a negative modifier will result in increasing the number of cities that could potentially win and thereby providing for variety, i.e. spreading RP to different locations. It was my assumption that the goal of the program at least included the latter component. I apologize for jumping to that conclusion, for it is entirely possible that the "best-city" idea is the only component and would make my suggestion moot.