Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warp Highlight!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
My main motive is to make towns fix up their town threads.

But yar, the goal is to reward the town that works the hardest, so I'm not interested in adding a subtraction to the score of the winner, but thank you for the suggestion.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
FUTURE ME CAN HANDLE THIS, YES SHE CAN.

Nah I'm kidding, I'll make it easy: So far it looks like Thiil is winning again, I'll collect town threads on the day buuut it seems like there's no competitors for the warp that can stand up to Thiil xD. Just you wait till I finish all my building *Shakes fist*

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-fifth-blood-moon.31341/

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-great-craftsmen-fair-of-thiil-december-28.31452/
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/tales-for-friends.31241/

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/le-festival-de-mai.31150/

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-great-dance.31368/

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I do realize there's a flaw in this point system, I'm going to have to figure out how to make it more complicated (just to hurt people, yep) so it isn't all decided on events hosting (Though that is a huge bonus).

Regardless, checked out the organized events section and since there were no new rush events since my post on monday, and since the point system is flawed- even with a perfect town thread there's no way to stand up against a town that hosts more events than the others.

I'll be trying to plot over this for this month and report back with any ideas/updates, I would appreciate ideas from others as well-

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I do realize there's a flaw in this point system, I'm going to have to figure out how to make it more complicated (just to hurt people, yep) so it isn't all decided on events hosting (Though that is a huge bonus).

Regardless, checked out the organized events section and since there were no new rush events since my post on monday, and since the point system is flawed- even with a perfect town thread there's no way to stand up against a town that hosts more events than the others.

I'll be trying to plot over this for this month and report back with any ideas/updates, I would appreciate ideas from others as well-
I'm glad event hosting will still be a big part of it. I might be biased, since I'm pretty much Team Thiil. But even without the bias, I think the Warp Competition is a good way to encourage player-run event hosting. So I'm glad that'll still be a factor.

Perhaps this suggestion isn't designed to hurt people, but designed to add another set of points in to give others a chance. On town threads, where many people post applications to apply, perhaps given a point each time a person applies and is accepted into the town's roster. May be difficult to do since not every town goes through the application process and not every town has an updated roster. But... yeah. This idea probably won't work. I'm just sort of ramble at this point.

Er- There's always the previously mentioned option of a town being unable to win the warp twice in a row. This could certainly even out the playing field. Or having a -1 for being the previous winner.

I don't know.

I'm still thinking...

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I'm glad event hosting will still be a big part of it. I might be biased, since I'm pretty much Team Thiil. But even without the bias, I think the Warp Competition is a good way to encourage player-run event hosting. So I'm glad that'll still be a factor.

Perhaps this suggestion isn't designed to hurt people, but designed to add another set of points in to give others a chance. On town threads, where many people post applications to apply, perhaps given a point each time a person applies and is accepted into the town's roster. May be difficult to do since not every town goes through the application process and not every town has an updated roster. But... yeah. This idea probably won't work. I'm just sort of ramble at this point.

Er- There's always the previously mentioned option of a town being unable to win the warp twice in a row. This could certainly even out the playing field. Or having a -1 for being the previous winner.

I don't know.

I'm still thinking...
Yeah- I mean, I love encouraging player events, and I don't mind thiil getting to win all the time either (I am worried it'll appear bias though, since it's a staff town, but it's not my town so I dunno), I love the idea that towns have to host events to get the chance at the warp, because events really bring a lot of life to a town.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I don't mind either way- xD

What worries me most is that if Thiil keeps winning the towns residents/numbers will go down because some might get sick of it winning over and over and would prefer moving somewhere else where they can do stuff. I'd rather keep the town populated than win a free warp.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Changes I'm stewing over:
(Just to be clear I'm still stewing/thinking over the pro's/cons of each idea to make sure I'm making a good decision with the changes- I want to make sure people know this is actively being worked on :D)

Instead of:
Organization:
Screenshots:

To This:
Quality:
- Standard point about the town thread
- Another one
- Probably something about walls of text suck and they need breaks sometimes kay.
- Providing a - for when the thread has bad points (Ugly screenshots? Walls of texts too large? Broken stuff-)

Adding:
Showcase plans
- Providing a + whether or not the town has a showcase of X (Still in discussion/planning)

Events:
- Instead of +1 for every event, put every town that hosts an event into a 'raffle' of sorts, to win the warp.

If anyone has any thoughts/opinions over these, I'd like to hear them :D

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Bleh bleh bleh-
Adding changes to main thread, read my post just up from this one to read said changes. This means that a different town has a high chance of winning in february, but only if they fix up town threads! I don't wanna see walls of text or icky pictures- (When I say icky I mean pictures with poor editing, like reposts on imgur.)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
New warp point is being selected in 2-3 days. Though I doubt that Thiil will be beat again, unless the town threads I saw last month have magically improved :p.

Edit: This is a hint to get towns to hurry up and fix their threads~

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
No showcase entries. - Showcase entries can gain a +1

Twilight falls: ?
hollowworld.co.uk/threads/grand-opening-of-lighthoof-acres-peaceful.31765/
(No town thread?)

Thiil:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-learning-center-tzemiks-class.31803/
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-past-present-and-future-of-thiil.31692/
Town Thread:
Quality:
- The town thread is very appealing upon first glance, the first thing seen is a large image with the town name, in very tasteful text and colouring.
- There is a great Text vs Screenshot (or in some cases, text vs images) ratio in this thread that gives people something nice to look at between reading, decent breaks to take in both the information and appearance of the town.
- The Town thread states positions of workers and even has screenshots providing the appearances of the houses along with locations.
- Only bad point I can think of would be the appearances/destinations of the houses screenshots down the bottom, it does seem a bit overwhelming with so many images, maybe break up the images into other posts? I'm not sure how to fix this >_>..
Total so far: 3

Le Havre:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-crowning-of-emperor-barthelemy.31830/
Town Thread
Quality:
- The thread isn't appealing at first glance, there's an olive green/yellow text colour of the name (which is far too small) and quite a lot of text.
- There's screenshots in the second post, but they are all bunched together and none of them are labelled, none of them stand out.
- The thread does not provide any information about the individual buildings, but it does mention districts of the town.
- Soundtracks should be the last thing mentioned in the thread.
Total: 1 (To be nice, since there is mentions of districts)

Wolfstadt:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-wolfstadt-festival.31782/
Town Thread
Quality:
- It's not appealing.
- Barely any text and any screenshots are hidden behind spoilers.
- The thread shows nothing about buildings or members.
- There's too many things to note, I immediately thought "Nope" as soon as I saw the spoiler tags.
Total: 0

Silverwatch:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/autumn-feast-fall-of-the-silverian.31601/
Town Thread
Quality:
- There's a custom picture upon opening the thread, was delightful to see, it definitely makes me want to read more.
- There is a wonderful ratio of pictures to text, most of the screenshots are very appealing (Especially that staircase), I would only recommend taking separate screenshots of the towers and bridge instead of cramming them into one, they are an appealing feature of the town.
- Sadly the town doesn't display members or information about the buildings.
- I would recommend using larger text for titles and perhaps some coloured text? Make sure they're darker to stand out against the light of the forums textures.
Total: 2

The +1 for events goes to Silverwatch:

2015-02-02_07.25.21.png (I spelled thiil wrong lel)

Second Roll to decide the winner (I can't believe how close those numbers are-)
2015-02-02_07.28.17.png

So this month, Silverwatch is the winner! (Edit: warp point set!)

Last edited: